Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOND!!
Arif Hasan, draft data aggregator 
@ArifHasanNFL
· 13m
Huge arm, doesn't throw deep (both poor at it and doesn't test vertically). Great at throwing tough intermediate throws and is willing to use the arm to get into tight windows. Quick release, comfortable throwing off-platform but needs to make decisions faster and more wisely twitter.com/ChadGraff/stat…

Chris Sims loves Kellen Mond and he nailed a lot of QB's picks the last couple years!

(1) NFL Draft 2021: Kellen Mond overcame fear of failure | Chris Simms Unbuttoned | NBC Sports - YouTube

Kellen effing Mond. What a steal for the
@Vikings. Blow that horn @ProFootballTalk! Baoooooooo
Quote Tweet
[Image: IjZKs3rb_normal.jpg]
Chris Simms
@CSimmsQB
· 8h
Kellen Mond @TheKellenMond is my #4 QB in this class. He's a machine throwing the ball, as pure and consistent a thrower as anyone in this class. Explosive arm. He's a Top 20 pick who someone is going to get in Day 2.

66. Minnesota Vikings: Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&MThe seventh quarterback drafted, Mond is a perplexing passer because you watch some tapes (2020 vs. Florida) and he looks like a future NFL starter. But then other tapes (2020 vs. LSU), he looks undraftable. His talent is stylistically reminiscent of Colin Kaepernick with his angular body type, athleticism and strong arm.

Stubbs Retweeted
PFF MIN Vikings
@PFF_Vikings
·
24m
Kellen Mond had an 89.1 grade when kept clean in 2020 Direct hit

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Kellen effing Mond. What a steal for the
@Vikings. Blow that horn @ProFootballTalk! Baoooooooo
Quote Tweet
[Image: IjZKs3rb_normal.jpg]
Chris Simms
@CSimmsQB
· 8h
Kellen Mond @TheKellenMond is my #4 QB in this class. He's a machine throwing the ball, as pure and consistent a thrower as anyone in this class. Explosive arm. He's a Top 20 pick who someone is going to get in Day 2.
i don't agree with Simms all the time, but I agree with him here.  As i said a couple weeks ago, when I watched all the 2nd and 3rd tier QBs, the one player that jumped off the tape was Mond. You want consistency in motion. Consistency in accuracy and placement and velocity. Consistency in production and game results is more about the players around you. 

And if this pick turns out good for us....we can thank the trade down in the first that everyone hated.