Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micah Parsons in purple?
We could do worse.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I'm just wondering if Parsons isn't going to be a sneaky darkhorse for us at #14. There are some that believe he's not only the best defensive prospect in this draft...but the best prospect period. In a normal draft there's no way he's on the board at #14, but in this QB heavy draft there is a strong possibility he is. Linebacker is not a position if need but where are we with Anthony Barr after this season? Parsons is an absolute beast.

I know Geoff had him mocked to us in one of his drafts. I'm just thinking depending on how the board falls that this could be a real possibility 
I never mocked Parsons to the Vikings only Darrisaw, Sewell, and AVT thus far. Won't be mocking him to MN tomorrow either  :p

Understand the sentiment of BPA but the LB class is very deep and he'd be the type of player you may trade back out of. 
Gotcha, I know somebody did and I thought it was you. But yeah, top rated defensive player on the board regardless of position. It would be interesting if he was still on the board at #14 

Hardest of passes on Parsons

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Diamond like. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
Diamond like. 
Well, I'm one who believes the Vikes are a couple of good draft picks away from a deep playoff run. I think they have a lot of really good players, but need a couple of pieces to get us to the promise land. I have no interest in a gamble like Parsons, nor do I have an interest in a gamble like Phillips in the top 20. I know any pick has risk to it, but best OL available is what I want at 14. After that...have fun Rick and Zim, be aggressive. 

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
Diamond like. 
Well, I'm one who believes the Vikes are a couple of good draft picks away from a deep playoff run. I think they have a lot of really good players, but need a couple of pieces to get us to the promise land. I have no interest in a gamble like Parsons, nor do I have an interest in a gamble like Phillips in the top 20. I know any pick has risk to it, but best OL available is what I want at 14. After that...have fun Rick and Zim, be aggressive. 
Typically, I'm all about mitigating risk. Definitely want one of the Top 3 LTs. But, Phillips is tempting. I don't personally have the stones to make that pick, but Rick will probably continue his current streak of not returning my calls to get my opinion.

I firmly believe you take the best available regardless of position in the first.  I would take Parsons if he is there and the tackles are gone.  I would take him over AVT without any hesitation.  I would also take Fields if he falls to us at #14.  BPA n the first gets you a Moss or Peterson when you didn't need them.

Quote: @"rf54" said:
I firmly believe you take the best available regardless of position in the first.  I would take Parsons if he is there and the tackles are gone.  I would take him over AVT without any hesitation.  I would also take Fields if he falls to us at #14.  BPA n the first gets you a Moss or Peterson when you didn't need them.
That's fine. Which LB do you then sit?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"rf54" said:
Great problem to have, I would move Barr to Blitzing role or straight out make him a DE.  Sell him on the more sacks he gets the higher his contract will be in '22.
Hell, I might even try out the 3-4 defense but not sure who would be 4th LB.
Does anyone not think he could out perform Zadarious Smith, or Shaq Barrett?  Just look up the contracts of the top edge rushers, he'll be motivated to succeed.

Quote: @"rf54" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"rf54" said:
Great problem to have, I would move Barr to Blitzing role or straight out make him a DE.  Sell him on the more sacks he gets the higher his contract will be in '22.
Hell, I might even try out the 3-4 defense but not sure who would be 4th LB.
Does anyone not think he could out perform Zadarious Smith, or Shaq Barrett?  Just look up the contracts of the top edge rushers, he'll be motivated to succeed.
So, we are going to revamp our entire D for Parsons? And to make it more lucrative for Barr to leave. Ok.