Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micah Parsons in purple?
I'm just wondering if Parsons isn't going to be a sneaky darkhorse for us at #14. There are some that believe he's not only the best defensive prospect in this draft...but the best prospect period. In a normal draft there's no way he's on the board at #14, but in this QB heavy draft there is a strong possibility he is. Linebacker is not a position if need but where are we with Anthony Barr after this season? Parsons is an absolute beast.

I know Geoff had him mocked to us in one of his drafts. I'm just thinking depending on how the board falls that this could be a real possibility 

If all 3 Top Tackles are gone I would take him...but we might be able to fleece another team to move up and still get AVT and a 2nd rounder.  If we can't get AVT and a 2nd rounder I would definitely take Parsons.  

I don't see it. We burn the highest pick we've had in six years on a player who will play, what, 32% of the downs? Plus he has some bust factor. Taking a player who fills a hole (T, G, DE), and missing is bad enough. But taking a player...with character issues...you don't really need right away...and missing...a year after Gladney....is a much harder pill to swallow.

Parson was my pick for biggest bust of the '21 draft. I've since come down off of that. He's just such a physical freak. But he's still my candidate for the most surprising fall tomorrow. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I don't see it. We burn the highest pick we've had in six years on a player who will play, what, 32% of the downs? Plus he has some bust factor. Taking a player who fills a hole (T, G, DE), and missing is bad enough. But taking a player...with character issues...you don't really need right away...and missing...a year after Gladney....is a much harder pill to swallow.

Parson was my pick for biggest bust of the '21 draft. I've since come down off of that. He's just such a physical freak. But he's still my candidate for the most surprising fall tomorrow. 
Interesting take, I actually have his teammate with a high bust factor DE Oweh.  He is my candidate for this years Mike Mamula award.  Looks like Tarzan but plays/production is like Jane.  (I'm sure that last line offended someone somehow in the hurt feelings culture but I don't care put your big boy panties/pants on Smile

im running to the podium if hes there. he may have the highest ceiling in this draft. he has a young son and graduated in 2.5 years 

All I'm going to say is if the Vikings stick to their board and take the best player available....it might be Parsons. 

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Interesting take, I actually have his teammate with a high bust factor DE Oweh.  He is my candidate for this years Mike Mamula award.  Looks like Tarzan but plays/production is like Jane.  (I'm sure that last line offended someone somehow in the hurt feelings culture but I don't care put your big boy panties/pants on Smile
Hunter played like Jane too. I see bust factor a little differently than you do. I don't see it in measurables vs. production. I see it mostly in character and translatable skills. 

I'm hoping he's a kneecap eater. 

With our big bodies up front, he's an intriguing option if Zimmer can put him in a position to make plays. Plus, I fully expect Barr to be gone after this year. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I'm just wondering if Parsons isn't going to be a sneaky darkhorse for us at #14. There are some that believe he's not only the best defensive prospect in this draft...but the best prospect period. In a normal draft there's no way he's on the board at #14, but in this QB heavy draft there is a strong possibility he is. Linebacker is not a position if need but where are we with Anthony Barr after this season? Parsons is an absolute beast.

I know Geoff had him mocked to us in one of his drafts. I'm just thinking depending on how the board falls that this could be a real possibility 
I never mocked Parsons to the Vikings only Darrisaw, Sewell, and AVT thus far. Won't be mocking him to MN tomorrow either  :p

Understand the sentiment of BPA but the LB class is very deep and he'd be the type of player you may trade back out of.