Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy A Bronco
Good move for the Broncos. I think Teddy competes with Lock and probably wins the job. We'll see where it goes from there. Teddy looked good early last year, but then was pretty terrible down the stretch. 

So how long before Denver's RB goes out for the year?  

Also, Broncos trying to entice a trade-up by saying they're still in the QB market. Uh, no.  Will be interesting to see who trades up to where to catch the 4th and  5th QB, because after SF at 3 the next team that NEEDS a QB is New England at 15.  Atlanta might take one, but with a choice of Chase or Pitts instead I'd wait.  Also it depends on who is sliding.  If SF really does take Jones, I expect Lance and Fields to be traded up for pretty quick.  If SF regains their brains and takes Fields or Lance, Mac could last until double digits.

[Image: 623d604495829f21277d58a9b07fcf24_bigger.jpeg]
Bridgewater is traded to the #Broncos. #Panthers paid $31M for the one year of Bridgewater

More logistics on new Broncos QB Teddy Bridgewater ...

• Bridgewater agrees to a paycut from $17M to $11.5M.

• Panthers agree to pay $7M of the $11.5M.

• Panthers save $3M off Bridgewater's guarantee, get a sixth-rounder.

• Teddy keeps $1.5M of his non-guaranteed money.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Bridgewater is traded to the #Broncos. #Panthers paid $31M for the one year of Bridgewater
But here is the thing... The Panthers paid him $14M against the cap in 2020 and will hold the $17M in 2021 (add the two to get to $31M). They have Darnold on a $5M contract in 2022 so they're still only have $22M on the cap for QBs. Cash is not a problem for the Panthers and they're navigating the cap impacts of these moves well.  

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
I think he would have been a better QB than what he was this past year but he's made $44MM in his career so far. He will be just fine
44 million doesn't go as far as it used to.
I wouldn't know but if you guys want to help me understand, just send me your account and routing numbers and I will give a report at the end of the summer.  B)

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
But here is the thing... The Panthers paid him $14M against the cap in 2020 and will hold the $17M in 2021 (add the two to get to $31M). They have Darnold on a $5M contract in 2022 so they're still only have $22M on the cap for QBs. Cash is not a problem for the Panthers and they're navigating the cap impacts of these moves well.  
They may be navigating the cap well, but do they have anything to show for it?  Darnold at QB?  Their stud laden D is a bunch of no-names now.  So yeah, they have cash, but nobody worth paying.

Quote: @"PurplePastor" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
I think he would have been a better QB than what he was this past year but he's made $44MM in his career so far. He will be just fine
I wouldn't know but if you guys want to help me understand, just send me your account and routing numbers and I will give a report at the end of the summer.  B)
I have a very capable Nigerian prince handling my finances, but thank you.

@"PurplePastor" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
Thank you for referring to me as a prince.

@"PurplePastor" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi2.wp.com%2Fwww.usmagaz...f=1&nofb=1]