Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your nightmare draft scenario?
Jaelen Phillips. To many health questions. 

If you're talking "I gotta replay this to believe it happened" level of nightmare:

Trade up from 14 for a CB.  Infinitesimal, but certainly a nightmare. 

For the "Goddammit, I knew Zimmer would pull this sh!t!!" nightmare:
Trade down from 14, take a DE, then throw the acquired 2nd on a CB, leaving OL until the 3rd round.

Any pick in the back 7, and I'm gonna lose my shit.

CB or moving down out of the top 20 pick up a second

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Trade Down for a DE with lots of question marks...
#14 for a DE with lots of question marks...
CB with our 1st
Being late and missing the pick (doh!)
All winners in a nightmare competition...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Any pick in the back 7, and I'm gonna lose my shit.
Yeah, same here...  if we take a CB, S, or LB at 14...  Spielman better find a good place to hide...

[Image: 0l53ymbvoop5.gif]

There will be no place safe for Rick to hide.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
QB in round 1
Interesting. You really would dislike that, Hawk? 
Absolutely. Kirk isn't going anywhere so we are wasting a pick on a guy to sit for a couple years, essentially ignoring OL and DE. That or the pick happens and a QB controversy spews and we have a $40MM QB sitting on the bench. It's a lose lose situation in my mind
There's never any good options for improving your too good to cut, but not good enough to get you a SB victory QB.

We're either going to have to let Kirk go without having a plan B, or we're going to have to bring guys in while he's here.  I think the only real option is to figure out how to bring guys in and let them compete, and manage the discomfort.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
QB in round 1
Interesting. You really would dislike that, Hawk? 
Absolutely. Kirk isn't going anywhere so we are wasting a pick on a guy to sit for a couple years, essentially ignoring OL and DE. That or the pick happens and a QB controversy spews and we have a $40MM QB sitting on the bench. It's a lose lose situation in my mind
There's never any good options for improving your too good to cut, but not good enough to get you a SB victory QB.

We're either going to have to let Kirk go without having a plan B, or we're going to have to bring guys in while he's here.  I think the only real option is to figure out how to bring guys in and let them compete, and manage the discomfort.
Never said I dont want to bring guys in to compete, just said QB in Round 1 is stupid, really stupid. Am I open to a QB in round 3 this year if a viable one is there? Sure. Am I open to one next year instead? Absolutely. A QB in round 1 this year, as I mentioned before, means we neglect OL and DE and then it creates unnecessary drama during the season.

Lastly, Kirk is good enough to win a Super Bowl, just need his team to be.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Lastly, Kirk is good enough to win a Super Bowl, just need his team to be.
Kirk is only good enough to win a SB if his salary is low enough to permit the Vikes to build a great team around him.  He can't be paid as a top 5 QB, perform like a top 15 QB and expect to win a SB.