Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your nightmare draft scenario?
History and gut feel tells me Trader Rick trades back in Round #1 to get his second round pick back.  Who he might pick depends on how far he drops. 

My nightmare scenario is that he stays pat in the first round and selects a non-OL.  Beyond a nightmare if he does this with Slater on the board, however unlikely.  That would mean no OL until round #3, absent a trade.

1st round: Safety. DB. Kicker. Long snapper.

QB in round 1

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
QB in round 1
Interesting. You really would dislike that, Hawk? 

I'll just go through my list of TV breakers if we stay at #14 and make a pick:

1. Kwity Paye

Trade Down for a DE with lots of question marks...
#14 for a DE with lots of question marks...
CB with our 1st
Being late and missing the pick (doh!)

Hmm... I guess Devonte Smith at #14 would be very, very scary to me. Waiting until our 3rd round pick or-- God forbid-- even later to address OL would be borderline criminal negligence.
Hopefully this isn't famous last words but thankfully I don't think either of these scenarios is happening.

I think not drafting OLine in the first gives me a WTF type vibe.  I have some room of acceptance for DLine and QB, but pretty much everything else is a hard WTF.

Only drafting one OLine that is reasonably expected to start is a WTF.

Absolute nightmare draft would be drafting a 3rd rounder and a 7th rounder on the OLine and a CB in the first.

Pretty simple for me: any pick other than OL or DE and it's raining kittens in Colorado. But I'm pretty convinced Mouschi will be just fine. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
QB in round 1
Interesting. You really would dislike that, Hawk? 
Absolutely. Kirk isn't going anywhere so we are wasting a pick on a guy to sit for a couple years, essentially ignoring OL and DE. That or the pick happens and a QB controversy spews and we have a $40MM QB sitting on the bench. It's a lose lose situation in my mind