Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Round Pick (4)
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@VikingOracle said:
Actually, I think if Chase drops, the Vikes will also trade back because of the offers for Chase at #14.  (Unless the Vikes trade Thielen and a third rounder for Brown -- a very unpopular trade on this board but imagine if you added Brown and Chase to the roster).
This may be an unpopular opinion, but if Chase is there at 14 (No way IMO) you take him. He's going to be a stud in the NFL...can't miss WR prospect. Then trade Thielen and see what you can get in return
Why not just keep Thielen and draft one of the many WRs available in the 3rd or 4th round? Chase is a good player, but I'll just paste this from a previous post: 

...Just last year, the 5th taken receiver proved to be the best. And the 6th and 7th ended up playing better than the 1st, 2nd and 4th taken. ..year before that, the 9th receiver taken was the best of them all...in 2016, Coleman, Doctson, Treadwell, all 1st rounders, all busts. All out of the NFL. All three receivers taken in the 2nd round that year, still playing, all starters, one (Thomas) among the best receivers in the NFL. 

In fact, i just looked at the top 7 receivers in the NFL going into 2021.  One was the 5th WR taken in his draft. One was the 9th, one was the 6th, one was the 20th (Diggs), one was the 8th, and number one was the 18th taken. 

Just sayin...

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@VikingOracle said:
Actually, I think if Chase drops, the Vikes will also trade back because of the offers for Chase at #14.  (Unless the Vikes trade Thielen and a third rounder for Brown -- a very unpopular trade on this board but imagine if you added Brown and Chase to the roster).
This may be an unpopular opinion, but if Chase is there at 14 (No way IMO) you take him. He's going to be a stud in the NFL...can't miss WR prospect. Then trade Thielen and see what you can get in return
No one is un-tradable, but he's on a sweetheart of a deal and still very effective. I'm not sure you get equal value in return.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@VikingOracle said:
Why not just keep Thielen and draft one of the many WRs available in the 3rd or 4th round? Chase is a good player, but I'll just paste this from a previous post: 

...Just last year, the 5th taken receiver proved to be the best. And the 6th and 7th ended up playing better than the 1st, 2nd and 4th taken. ..year before that, the 9th receiver taken was the best of them all...in 2016, Coleman, Doctson, Treadwell, all 1st rounders, all busts. All out of the NFL. All three receivers taken in the 2nd round that year, still playing, all starters, one (Thomas) among the best receivers in the NFL. 

In fact, i just looked at the top 7 receivers in the NFL going into 2021.  One was the 5th WR taken in his draft. One was the 9th, one was the 6th, one was the 20th (Diggs), one was the 8th, and number one was the 18th taken. 

Just sayin...
Because Ja'Marr had 1800 yards and 20 TDs as a Sophomore when he had to share the field with JJ. I think Chase becomes an elite WR very quickly in the NFL and Thielen is getting older so maybe trade him...or ride it out if the return isn't great. After Trevor Lawrence, I would have no issue saying Chase is the 2nd best player in draft. Like I said though, just my perhaps unpopular opinion.

Would easily go Phillips if it weren't for the concussion history, but went with Chase out of that group that early. Would rather trade down if those were the choices though. 

Yea I would take Chase in a heartbeat at 14.  No need to deal Adam though.  

I think we would have 2 top WR's on rookie contracts which is a huge win and allow for other Cap moves to address OL.

If somehow Chase is there you take him.  Most likely won't be, then it comes down to Paye, Rousseau, or Phillips
I like what I see in Paye in the sense that he has a HIGH floor and is great against the run day 1.  His speed and agility can make him into a pass rushing monster.   A DL of:
Hunter-Tomlinson-Pierce-Paye could be a top 3 DL to stop the run. 

With a stuffed run game, we can be exotic in blitz packages with, while rotating Weatherly, Wonnum, Watts in for more passing downs.  If Paye can be a pass rusher, this is the best DL in football

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
Would easily go Phillips if it weren't for the concussion history, but went with Chase out of that group that early. Would rather trade down if those were the choices though. 

Phillips is a good pick but good gracious, I can't get past drafting someone who was medically told to retire in 2018. To me that makes him not worthy of being a 1st rounder let alone the top half. 

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@AGRforever said:
@VikingOracle said:
@AGRforever said:
We're assuming Micah Parsons is off the board? 
Yes, I made that assumption because I think he is the best defensive player in the draft and I had not seen a mock with the Vikes drafting a linebacker, let alone Parsons.  I had to draw a line somewhere.

Fair enough.  I've voted Chase the last two days but don't expect him to be on the board either.  This bad boy gets tricky once you remove the OT's worthy of #14.  Unfortunately that is where I expect the Vikings to find themselves.  All dressed up for the dance an nobody left. 
The thing that my polls miss is that if some of these players are drafted before #14, more likely someone like Parsons (or a QB) drops.  Frankly, I would not have a problem with the Vikes drafting Parsons or some of the QBs that may drop, I think in that scenario, the Vikes would trade back.

I'm just glad you're sticking with the poll.  Its entertaining to see what the rubes/homers want done.  No idea if any of us are right lol.  To me if Parsons were to slide, he slides because of off the field stuff but the Vikings have all but shown Barr the door and are in need to LB help anyway.  So if the best defensive player of the draft were by some miracle still available.  Something that becomes more and more possible with QBs, OTs, CBs and WRs then maybe???
4-5 QBs2-3 OTs1 TE
2ish CB2ish WRs

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
Alternatively, if one of the top 3 receivers are available at 14, I could see the Vikes trading their 1st and a 4th to the Ravens for Brown and the Raven's 1st.  Vikes then could draft one of the dlineman at 27 and still have their left tackle.

no chance Chase is there at #14, no chance