Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the year to move up for a QB?
KC is never going to be an Aaron Rogers, Mahomes, Brady or Wilson...If we set the bar there as fans? We will be perpetually disappointed. 

Can he be a top 10 QB? Yes, absolutely. Good enough to win a SB with a decent surround? Yep I believe so. 

Best we've had since Bert? Yep again 

Yes, he had a rotten first 6 games last year, but that was a remarkable year to try and win for all the apparent reasons. Especially early in 2020. 

I'd give the Vikings Organization a C- for giving him the surround to succeed. 

My answer to the OP is No.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
My answer to the OP is No.

An economy of words I happen to agree w/...  B) 

I don't think we have a shot at any of the top 4 QB's (trade or drop), and I'm not a fan of Mac Jones....at least not in the first. Davis Mills is an intriguing guy, though. He could be had in the mid-rounds, and some draft guys are saying he could definitely be QB6 in this draft. Might be a good guy to groom behind Kirk.

They should but they wont and now doomsday is tomorrow.

All of Kork's 2022 salary will become guaranteed.

That 45M cap hit will loom large and these morons will likely see the only option is to extend this dude again.

He'll never win a game when you need him the most.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kirk-cousins-minnesota-vikings-and-the-kings-of-garbage-time/

Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings: 65 garbage-time attemptsKirk Cousins is the Emperor of Garbage Time. The Minnesota Vikings QB completed 73.8% of his passes for a league-high 7 touchdowns when trailing by 16-plus points last year. You would expect nothing less. One cannot become THE Kirk Cousins without the gift of being able to throw a touchdown just before the two-minute warning of a 52-33 loss (Week 16 vs. the Saints).
Over the last three seasons, Kirk Cousins has completed a whopping 75.6% of his garbage-time passes for 13 touchdowns. It’s almost as if the Minnesota Vikings QB sees a prevent defense at the end of a loss, rubs his palms together eagerly, and proclaims, “Time to make my money!”
Somehow, Cousins’ employers are always fooled by the statistical padding and sign up for another overpriced tour of duty.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sadly, I think we are doomed.
What's worse then the Kork contract is the fact that this front office places very little importance on the backup QB position.
Sean Mannion?  Jake Browning?  Nate Stanley?

If any of these 3 have to play any amount of time it's over.

Besides the guard positions, the QB position is the most worrisome going forward. For me.
Banking on Kork to not get hurt is foolish.  He has been extremely lucky thus far.
I hope he is able to keep it up but the law of averages is not on his side.

This makes the backup QB even more important.

Whoever this rapscallion is, his assertion is incorrect.

With the Vikings, 13 of Cousins' TDs have occurred when MIN trailing by 16+ points.

14.2%

[Image: H6qsjAgZ_bigger.jpg]
Highest Passer Rating,
2nd Half of Gms,
Score Margin Within 10pts,
Since 2015:

1. Deshaun Watson (109.6)

2. Patrick Mahomes (109.4)

3. Drew Brees (106.4)

4. Tom Brady (100.7)

5. Russell Wilson (100.5)

6. Ryan Tannehill (100.1)