Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring. Him. Home.
Obviously, only in a ST role. Occasional gadget use. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Whatever team signs him, it will be his 5th team. He's just a gadget guy. I've always liked Patterson but he's in no way some kind of priority. He's had 0 receiving TDs the last two seasons and averaged 3.6 yards a rushing attempt. Meh. 
Yeah, kinda spendy for a guy with those stats.

the problem with CP in an offense,  is he is useless for anything besides running the ball,  if he is on the field but doesnt get the ball he is a liability as he doesnt scare anybody as a receiver.  so teams have shown that he is easily schemed for as is indicated by his pathetic offensive numbers the last few years.

and yes he is a huge return threat,  but he is also more likely to fail to get the yardage that a touch back would have garnered.   we have all seen what poor starting field position does to offenses play calling and production,  IMO having that 25 for sure beats 1 or 2 TDs a year while failing to get that 25 2 or 3 times per game.

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Patterson will do anything other than return kicks. But we need a returner in the worst way. And he's still one of the best. I'd make the call, but wouldn't spend much. There are several slot receiver / KR types in this draft. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Patterson will do anything other than return kicks. But we need a returner in the worst way. And he's still one of the best. I'd make the call, but wouldn't spend much. There are several slot receiver / KR types in this draft. 
I would rather have him as a coverage guy than a returner in most cases,  he really turned into a bit of a beast covering kicks and punts.

Bring him back! Our STs are terrible and he's a great ST player.
For the right price, absolutely.

With Rudy leaving, Irv takes back #82, Patterson take back #84 (although it should be retired).

Nature is healing.

If Flashy is in the huddle, the next play is a bubble screen.  Even I could recognize that.  B) Great ST player though.

The fake jet sweep/handoff to Cook would be much more effective with CP running the fake.  He's looking at basically vet minimum plus incentives at this point.  We need the special teams help and he gives you some versatility.  Not a priority, but I'd love to see him back.