Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring. Him. Home.

[Image: 2IQ1iN1j_normal.jpg]
cordarrelle patterson
@ceeflashpee84
· 11m
Replying to @corey_vikes and @VikingsHit my line @Vikings

well.... we could certainly use a special teams ace,  i dont know that our O needs a gadget man,  or even a KR that thinks everything is returnable,  but his skills as a gunner are hard to argue against.

Special talent, except it wasn't running routes.  Became a bigger asset when he accepted the gunner role, and danger with the ball in his hands.  Would love to see him back, at a cap friendly amount, one less rookie with special teamer abilities needed, ie. OLineman.

We won’t use him effectively. I see no reason to bring him in unless it is only for ST’s

if for a modest deal, take him.  He's a game changer on KO, and you can sprinkle him in for some O.  Low cost, high upside deal.

I would love to see CP back in purple. considering the shambles our special teams was last year, he’d bring much needed skill back to that unit.

At least Zimmer realized they could've used him better. 
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-spo...ikings-did

The Vikings are doing just fine without former first-round pick Cordarrelle Patterson, but head coach Mike Zimmer on Wednesday offered up some surprising regret about the way he coached Patterson in Minnesota. 
"Quite honestly, they're using him way better than we did," Zimmer told Patriots reporters during a conference call on Wednesday, according to ESPN.com. "I wish we would have used him a little better."
It's not like Patterson has developed into a stud wide receiver, but he's being used in more ways than just a kick returner like he was during his final three seasons in Minnesota. 
"They're getting the ball in his hands quite a bit," Zimmer added. "He is an exceptional hard runner that can make a lot of big plays. He can make guys miss. He gets a lot of yards after contact. And then, whether it's throwing him the ball, or handing him the ball, or rocket sweeps, or whatever it is ... everybody has known how talented he was. We obviously knew how talented he was here as well, but we didn't get him the ball enough in a lot of those ways that they're using him."

Whatever team signs him, it will be his 5th team. He's just a gadget guy. I've always liked Patterson but he's in no way some kind of priority. He's had 0 receiving TDs the last two seasons and averaged 3.6 yards a rushing attempt. Meh. 

There's a spot for a backup RB with Boone gone. In 2017, Cook went down pretty early, but Latavius Murray and Jerrick McKinnon were a decent RB committee. Mattison might equal Murray, but I think he would need a complementary partner to carry the offense. Maybe Boone would have been that good, but I doubt Ameer Abdullah would. Patterson? Maybe...but I think they will pick a RB in the middle rounds.

Fans @ USB would love to see him back, he seemed well liked in the locker room and he'd give some much needed Bravado to ST's. 

I'm all in if the $ and role are right.