Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diabetes Makes You Racist
Turns out protesting racism makes racists really mad. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
No,  assuming people that don't see racism in everything negative that happens to a minority are racist makes some people really mad.   Sometimes people just bring shit on themselves regardless of skin color. 

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:

It's just that simple.

Broadcaster makes racist comments at girls basketball team - New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/...92897?s=20
^^^ thats as crazy as a gay black actor staging a faux hate crime and blaming it on being a drug addict. 
https ://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1098971816146726912

Some interesting notes:
 -the aforementioned broadcaster in the OP has been immediately disavowed by everyone (even in OK!....including himself!....as should be, in an enlightened society)

- the gay-black-actor/hoaxster is still championed by many (half?) in America as having a legit grievance. 

America has a systemic reverse-racism problem. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
No,  assuming people that don't see racism in everything negative that happens to a minority are racist makes some people really mad.   Sometimes people just bring shit on themselves regardless of skin color. 
"No"? What are we disagreeing about?  This individual was clearly "really mad" about the team's protest of racism. Considering the words that so easily flew past his lips, he is clearly racist. And yes, all of the chatter that I have seen amongst racists indicates they hate the protests, even when putting it under the 'they're disrespecting the flag' banner.

Is there a personal connection here that I'm missing? Because this seems like something we should all agree on.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
"No"? What are we disagreeing about?  This individual was clearly "really mad" about the team's protest of racism. Considering the words that so easily flew past his lips, he is clearly racist. And yes, all of the chatter that I have seen amongst racists indicates they hate the protests, even when putting it under the 'they're disrespecting the flag' banner.

Is there a personal connection here that I'm missing? Because this seems like something we should all agree on.
You and i are totally in agreement here,  I was replying to the other poster who suggests that the anger by the right is due to the left condemning racist behavior which couldn't be further from the truth,  but that label gets applied so freely by the left these days whenever some want to create a circus of anger that its mis-application is cause for anger,  and should be angering the minorities as well since the more it gets thrown out there the less its meaning will hit home with most.  

Racism is a word that should have sting,  it shouldnt be used as a label applied to anybody that disagrees with something a minority does or says as is often the case anymore.

I have zero problem with condemning his comments as racist,  they were and there is no denying or excuse for them,  however the notion that being against the kneeling for the anthem makes a person racist is absolute ignorant bullshit just trying to create a stir in the name of race on their own.  

@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

You and i are totally in agreement here,  I was replying to the other poster who suggests that the anger by the right is due to the left condemning racist behavior which couldn't be further from the truth,  but that label gets applied so freely by the left these days whenever some want to create a circus of anger that its mis-application is cause for anger,  and should be angering the minorities as well since the more it gets thrown out there the less its meaning will hit home with most.  

Racism is a word that should have sting,  it shouldnt be used as a label applied to anybody that disagrees with something a minority does or says as is often the case anymore.

I have zero problem with condemning his comments as racist,  they were and there is no denying or excuse for them,  however the notion that being against the kneeling for the anthem makes a person racist is absolute ignorant bullshit just trying to create a stir in the name of race on their own.  
Man, you read a LOT into one very simple statement of fact. This really should not have anything to do with politics at all. Left, right or otherwise. But every time something like this comes up, you always see it through a political lens. I mean, it would be one thing if I did it: "Lefties are all woke and you righties are all racists." Nanner, nanner. But the fact that YOU do it so often is just really bizarre. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Man, you read a LOT into one very simple statement of fact. This really should not have anything to do with politics at all. Left, right or otherwise. But every time something like this comes up, you always see it through a political lens. I mean, it would be one thing if I did it: "Lefties are all woke and you righties are all racists." Nanner, nanner. But the fact that YOU do it so often is just really bizarre. 

Show me the lefties that have spoken out against the kneeling during the anthem.  Seems from what I have seen that it is fairly divided by party lines for those that speak up for or against it.  I dont hear many conservatives throwing that racist label around like many lefties seem to like applying.  

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Show me the lefties that have spoken out against the kneeling during the anthem.  Seems from what I have seen that it is fairly divided by party lines for those that speak up for or against it.  I dont hear many conservatives throwing that racist label around like many lefties seem to like applying.  
I think you hear things that aren't there. Anyway, I don't know why anyone--left or right--would speak out against kneeling during the anthem. It's a beautiful thing. 

@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Thanks. While we agree that the
person in the original article is a racist idiot, we differ in another regard.
And I’m really interested in your take on this. When I read your posts I’m
looking for some sort of nuance that recognizes there are different degrees of
racism and all are damaging. But what I read is that only extreme examples represent
racism and the others are not. And that most of it is just life delivering to
people what they deserve. Please correct me if I have misinterpreted your view.
I’ll also add that you and I took MaroonBells statement completely differently.

You’ve met me and hopefully
know that I don’t live my life as a victim who looks for racism at every turn. I
do prefer the in your face type so I know what I am dealing with. But I also acknowledge
that racism doesn’t always show up that way and it does require looking just a
little deeper to understand what is happening and why. I can dive into
statistics but I’m more curious about your definition. Maybe if I understand
how you define it, I can better understand where you’re coming from.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Thanks. While we agree that the
person in the original article is a racist idiot, we differ in another regard.
And I’m really interested in your take on this. When I read your posts I’m
looking for some sort of nuance that recognizes there are different degrees of
racism and all are damaging. But what I read is that only extreme examples represent
racism and the others are not. And that most of it is just life delivering to
people what they deserve. Please correct me if I have misinterpreted your view.
I’ll also add that you and I took MaroonBells statement completely differently.

You’ve met me and hopefully
know that I don’t live my life as a victim who looks for racism at every turn. I
do prefer the in your face type so I know what I am dealing with. But I also acknowledge
that racism doesn’t always show up that way and it does require looking just a
little deeper to understand what is happening and why. I can dive into
statistics but I’m more curious about your definition. Maybe if I understand
how you define it, I can better understand where you’re coming from.

Bump, Jimmy care to explain, would love to hear it.