Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who thinks this next Covid Relief bill is being handled well?
Quote: @mblack said:
I really hate when people post stuff without even applying basic common sense.
Lets walk this through:
  1. Everyone that is paid legally in the US pays federal taxes else the employer is committing a crime. Even prisoners. This is from HR Block. It is non political. So Bill Cassidy is wrong and the democrats are correct (and you blindly bought the nonsense)
  2. Undocumented worker is a complex issue and not as simple as it looks.
    1. Someone who never registered in the system is undocumented
    2. Someone who was documented and gave up is now undocumented
    3. Someone who was documented and missed an immigrated process deadline for whatever reason is undocumented until the status is re-instated or you an proof you are working towards it. There are three categories in immigration (you have a status, working towards a status or undocumented). A missed deadline puts you in no mans land and its leverage immigration uses so people follow deadlines. UCIS does not care who's fault it is when a deadline is missed (see my other post about what can be done to improve the situation)
    4. 2 and 3 above would have paid taxes while working. The republicans always focus on the blue as if that is the only way someone can be undocumented
Lastly, I don't even know how accurate the statement is that Biden wants to give illegals a stimulus check. Here is the question... The stimulus is disbursed by IRS using last year's filing (I assume for all cases). They use direct deposit (for those with direct deposit) or mail for those who don't have direct deposit. So how would the IRS have an address of of an illegal who has never worked in the US or undocumented? See how stupid this sounds when you apply common sense?
i forgot to note that my being pissed isnt really about the undocumented, its about the fucking prisoners getting checks.  i thought that was evident by my statement of 100% on the taxpayer tit.

My issue is with college age students that are excluded. I don't think your son should have been excluded. That limbo between claiming him and him being on his own sucks. There are definitely loopholes. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
Lets walk this through:
  1. Everyone that is paid legally in the US pays federal taxes else the employer is committing a crime. Even prisoners. This is from HR Block. It is non political. So Bill Cassidy is wrong and the democrats are correct (and you blindly bought the nonsense)
    3. Someone who was documented and missed an immigrated process deadline for whatever reason is undocumented until the status is re-instated or you an proof you are working towards it. There are three categories in immigration (you have a status, working towards a status or undocumented). A missed deadline puts you in no mans land and its leverage immigration uses so people follow deadlines. UCIS does not care who's fault it is when a deadline is missed (see my other post about what can be done to improve the situation)
    4. 2 and 3 above would have paid taxes while working. The republicans always focus on the blue as if that is the only way someone can be undocumented
Lastly, I don't even know how accurate the statement is that Biden wants to give illegals a stimulus check. Here is the question... The stimulus is disbursed by IRS using last year's filing (I assume for all cases). They use direct deposit (for those with direct deposit) or mail for those who don't have direct deposit. So how would the IRS have an address of of an illegal who has never worked in the US or undocumented? See how stupid this sounds when you apply common sense?
i forgot to note that my being pissed isnt really about the undocumented, its about the fucking prisoners getting checks.  i thought that was evident by my statement of 100% on the taxpayer tit.
But the same prisoners paid sales tax. They have needs and spend money so yes they deserve the stimulus.
This is from your original post. Note the bold part
Quote:Prisoners do not pay taxes. Taxpayers pay for their every need. Inmates cannot stimulate the economy. But, under this bill they receive stimulus checks. This is a perfect example of nontargeted, inappropriate, and total waste of spending. It’s ridiculous that this is in the bill," Cassidy said in a statement

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Jimmy,

We have ourselves and the system to blame...Look at our last two election choices:

Clinton vs Trump
Trump vs Biden

Now I think Biden is about what the country needs to try and heal some, but overall? Over the last 8 years? All I can say is ugh...
Biden isnt going to lead to any healing... he is a worthless fucking puppet... he has the house and the senate and is signing executive orders as fast as those puppet masters can write them for him.  His presidency will create more anger and ire among those right of center every day  he is in office IMO... the only redeeming factor of Biden as president is that as long as he is in there Harris wont be.

As far as us or the system,  we are the fucking system.  we chose those people in the primaries granted we dont often get quality candidates to choose from,  but if we would embrace the notion of third parties and lower budget candidates instead of those the political machines want us to vote for it would be about the most patriotic thing we could do these days.  We know we have fuckers running our elected leaders, the only way we can take back control is to not play by their rules.

They cant buy them all,  all voters should be demanding term limits, and line item veto power at all levels of government.   make it much much harder for those that want to play puppeteer to be able to buy their influence.

Quote: @mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
Lets walk this through:
But the same prisoners paid sales tax. They have needs and spend money so yes they deserve the stimulus.
Quote:Prisoners do not pay taxes. Taxpayers pay for their every need. Inmates cannot stimulate the economy. But, under this bill they receive stimulus checks. This is a perfect example of nontargeted, inappropriate, and total waste of spending. It’s ridiculous that this is in the bill," Cassidy said in a statement
they are a net drain on the economy,  the few dollars they spend in their commissary comes no where near what they are taking from the tax payer for their incarceration.  its ok to say something the dems do is stupid, even if you voted for them its not necessarily an indictment of you. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
My issue is with college age students that are excluded. I don't think your son should have been excluded. That limbo between claiming him and him being on his own sucks. There are definitely loopholes. 
they arent really excluded, he will get that money when he gets his tax return this spring, its  just that he was back to work and doing well when the money finally got to him.  it was an oversight, but one that should have been addressed much sooner than almost a year later if the goal truly was to help those in need.   

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmodernsurvivalblog.com%...f=1&nofb=1]

Does it even matter anymore.  We bicker about illegals, prisoners and other non-tax payers getting stimulus.  But where is the other 1.4 trillion going?  Biggest wealth transfer ever.  Our dollar is done.

I just hope the dumbshits are buying food.  

Quote: @greediron said:

Does it even matter anymore.  We bicker about illegals, prisoners and other non-tax payers getting stimulus.  But where is the other 1.4 trillion going?  Biggest wealth transfer ever.  Our dollar is done.

It is a frightening prospect for our kids and grandkids, no doubt...

I'm already concerned Gen X and Millennial quality of life in this country will be the first to be less than their predecessors. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
Lets walk this through:
they are a net drain on the economy,  the few dollars they spend in their commissary comes no where near what they are taking from the tax payer for their incarceration.  its ok to say something the dems do is stupid, even if you voted for them its not necessarily an indictment of you. 
Please don't make this a pissing contest. I do a fair share of calling everyone out. You on the other hand can stop moving the goal post. I see you came up with another vague word salad... "net drain".
  1. The 'almighty' @JimmyinSD has determined that prisoners spend only a "few dollars"
  2. You seem to have avoided one of the core reasons for your post (a big lie).. that Prisoners don't pay taxes.
  3. You said "i forgot to note that my being pissed isnt really about the undocumented, its about the fucking prisoners getting checks.  i thought that was evident by my statement of 100% on the taxpayer tit." Read your original post where you provide a quote from Cassidy and tell us how it was 100% evident. Let me guess... you really don't take him for his word just like you never took trump serious when he told the country Mexico would pay for the wall. Tell us what else you forgot
  4. You really are acting like a child. Flip flopping when your words are used against you. Almost every post since you opened this thread has been to correct you yet it is everyone who is wrong. Keep moving the goal post
If a prisoner is expected to file taxes then they are 100% entitled to the check. They are paying taxes because they earned money and people earn money to fulfil needs no matter how small those needs are to you.

By the way it is OK for you to admit you are a loud sounding nothing that posts immature content to garner attention. Go ahead say it.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@greediron said:

It is a frightening prospect for our kids and grandkids, no doubt...

I'm already concerned Gen X and Millennial quality of life in this country will be the first to be less than their predecessors. 
That is already happening unfortunately.