Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last 15 years
lol, you guys....I actually took it from a tweet from ESPN writer Kevin Seifert. It was in my Twitter feed. 

But back to your regularly scheduled propaganda, er....I mean program!
[Image: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg]

Quote: @twgerber said:
Why pick 15 years?   Why not 20? 25? 40?
\
Because that's post-Denny Green, the last HC who had a significant run.

1961-2001: 4 Head Coaches (plus the Les Steckel "imaginary" season)
2002-2016: 4 Head Coaches

Even if you do count Steckel, that's 5 coaches in 40 years vs. 4 coaches in 15 years. We've been in a Dark Age.

Packers propaganda? I almost thought it wasnt because you didnt post a picture of Aaron Rodgers, but then I realized you did. 3 of him!

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
Packers propaganda? I almost thought it wasnt because you didnt post a picture of Aaron Rodgers, but then I realized you did. 3 of him!
Yes. He's a horrible QB. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
lol, you guys....I actually took it from a tweet from ESPN writer Kevin Seifert. It was in my Twitter feed. 

But back to your regularly scheduled propaganda, er....I mean program!
[Image: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg]
Which perspective is actually more accurate, Sticky? Selecting the last 15 years to predict this year? Or looking at the last two ? If you're going to take an historical perspective, then include the entire history, not just one that suits your (or Kevin Seifert's) agenda. Remember, propaganda works both ways. And pessimism is not any closer to realism than optimism. So I'll ask you the question again, looking at the last two years, other than the "we-can't-have-anything-nice" crowd, anyone expect this season to be any different? 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@BlackMagic7 said:
Yes. He's a horrible QB. 
Thats what we're here for!

Quote: @Zanary said:
I expect it to be a better season, and that the team will gel more as they get more playing time together.  Last season was a collection of unforeseeable disasters that should not be able to repeat.  Given that Sam has had an actual offseason and that the preseason games are basically non-priorities except as evaluation scrimmages...eh...I'm not worried at the moment.

I was nearly vomiting early in the last preseason game, but reminded myself that the coaches/players are likely keeping most of the real plays close to the vest.
I finally figured out this happens every year.  One year there was something about a party on a pontoon, then there was a year where our Pro Bowl running back was lost for almost the entire season, then there was one year that our young and upcoming QB screwed up his knee, then there was one year that our team almost went to the SB and we thought we could make another run the next year but Favre and the entire team shit their pants, and then there was the year.....

I expect a shit season. Nothing this off season or preseason has given me any hope that the Vikings will win the Super Bowl.

The first team offense has looked bad most of the time, and the first team defense looks like some guys got a big paycheck and have coasted through everything.

I know "it's just the preseason", but fuck! Give us something to be excited about. Show us something that gives us hope that they will resemble the 5-0 start team and not the 3-8 finishing team.

I honestly don't get a lot of time off work anymore, and to sit through more of the same old shit seems like a waste of time.

They needed to give us something, maybe just a hint of what might be this season, and if they did, then I don't want to sit through another shitty season!

this is the least excited I have been in years.  this team imploded last year and has shown Zero improvement this preseason.

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
@StickyBun said:
@BlackMagic7 said:
Yes. He's a horrible QB. 
Thats what we're here for!
That was sarcasm on my part.