Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weatherly Axed After 1 Year
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
Wonder how much the Tre Boston move will impact Ant Harris market value.  I really thought that Weatherly was going to be another D. Hunter type of player.  Oh wait Weatherly's 2020 stats are better.  
Yes, he was supposed to be another Danielle Hunter, according to the Vikings marketing machine: great athlete being groomed by awesome defensive coaches.

Ifeadi Odenigbo was supposed to be that, too.
So was Tashawn Bower.
And Jalyn Holmes.
And Ade Aruna.
And now DJ Wonnum.

1 success story does not form a "track record". Actually, 5 straight great athletes that didn't become consistent NFL players is a more telling story.
would hunter be hunter in a different system with different coaching?

[Image: 7z1qrpxgqs8g.gif]

“Literally no one made any such claims.”

You have to tune your hat just right to pick up on them @BarrNone55...! 
B) 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
[Image: 7z1qrpxgqs8g.gif]

“Literally no one made any such claims.”

You have to tune your hat just right to pick up on them @BarrNone55...! 
B) 
Can I tune into the alternate reality some folks are living in?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
Wonder how much the Tre Boston move will impact Ant Harris market value.  I really thought that Weatherly was going to be another D. Hunter type of player.  Oh wait Weatherly's 2020 stats are better.  
Yes, he was supposed to be another Danielle Hunter, according to the Vikings marketing machine: great athlete being groomed by awesome defensive coaches.

So was Tashawn Bower.
And Jalyn Holmes.
And Ade Aruna.
And now DJ Wonnum.

1 success story does not form a "track record". Actually, 5 straight great athletes that didn't become consistent NFL players is a more telling story.
He might. Some players develop due to the right situation and right coaching. Others are mostly self-made. Would Adrian Peterson have been a bad RB if Childress hadn't coached him? How much did Michael Jordan's NBA coaches groom him? There's never a shortage of coaches trying to take credit for great athletes.

But you guys saying, "no one made any such claims"? Seriously? There has not been a training camp since 2016 when this board has not been filled with pride about our pipeline of pass rushing talent being groomed by Patterson and Zimmer. Wonnum and Holmes were both compared to Hunter the day they were drafted, with remarks about how Coach Dre will fix their college problems.  My last post in this thread is responding to someone saying they thought Weatherly would be the next Hunter LITERALLY 4 posts earlier. 

So, you see a post in this thread stating Weatherly would be the next Hunter. Ok. Type of player means the same thing?

Ok

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

So was Tashawn Bower.
And Jalyn Holmes.
And Ade Aruna.
And now DJ Wonnum.

He might. Some players develop due to the right situation and right coaching. Others are mostly self-made. Would Adrian Peterson have been a bad RB if Childress hadn't coached him? How much did Michael Jordan's NBA coaches groom him? There's never a shortage of coaches trying to take credit for great athletes.

But you guys saying, "no one made any such claims"? Seriously? There has not been a training camp since 2016 when this board has not been filled with pride about our pipeline of pass rushing talent being groomed by Patterson and Zimmer. Wonnum and Holmes were both compared to Hunter the day they were drafted, with remarks about how Coach Dre will fix their college problems.  My last post in this thread is responding to someone saying they thought Weatherly would be the next Hunter LITERALLY 4 posts earlier. 
point is some players do well in some systems and fail in others,  sure some will have success regardless, Weatherly may not have been in the right system for his skills,  he was a FA that I hated to see leave based on his time here.

Weatherly needs to focus more on football and less on glass blowing.