Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weatherly Axed After 1 Year
  • STEPHEN WEATHERLYDL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT[Image: 11511.jpg]
    Panthers released defensive lineman Stephen Weatherly.Carolina also released starting safety Tre Boston today. Weatherly, a former Vikings, signed a two-year, $12.5 million contract with Carolina last year. The team will save nearly $6 million with Weatherly's release. He made 17 tackles in nine starts for the Panthers in 2020, failing to register a sack. Weatherly could be a decent depth signing this offseason. 
    RELATED: 
    SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on TwitterFeb 19, 2021, 11:13 AM ET

That is a brutal stat line. Yuck. 

Brutal is being kind. But, I'd take him over Holmes.

He turns 27 next month.

The frozen reduced SC is going to decrease his options and teams willing to sign him.

He's smart and has a turd factor of ZERO.

Wonder how much the Tre Boston move will impact Ant Harris market value.  I really thought that Weatherly was going to be another D. Hunter type of player.  Oh wait Weatherly's 2020 stats are better.  

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Wonder how much the Tre Boston move will impact Ant Harris market value.  I really thought that Weatherly was going to be another D. Hunter type of player.  Oh wait Weatherly's 2020 stats are better.  
The greatest ability is availability...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Brutal is being kind. But, I'd take him over Holmes.
Or Mata'afa

I'd almost be more content to see what we have in Willekes after a year on the practice squad

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Yes, he was supposed to be another Danielle Hunter, according to the Vikings marketing machine: great athlete being groomed by awesome defensive coaches.

Ifeadi Odenigbo was supposed to be that, too.
So was Tashawn Bower.
And Jalyn Holmes.
And Ade Aruna.
And now DJ Wonnum.

1 success story does not form a "track record". Actually, 5 straight great athletes that didn't become consistent NFL players is a more telling story.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@BigAl99 said:
Yes, he was supposed to be another Danielle Hunter, according to the Vikings marketing machine: great athlete being groomed by awesome defensive coaches.

Ifeadi Odenigbo was supposed to be that, too.
So was Tashawn Bower.
And Jalyn Holmes.
And Ade Aruna.
And now DJ Wonnum.

1 success story does not form a "track record". Actually, 5 straight great athletes that didn't become consistent NFL players is a more telling story.
Literally no one made any such claims.