Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You really want to feel old?
 maybe it's just that the beetles music is over rated?  I grew up around beetles fans and never got the appreciation for it.  Of course I thoroughly enjoy the Eagles music and that pisses some people off...oh and I liked nickleback too....heads exploding B)

Edit:  oh and  Styx is one of the greatest American rock bands, and they only got a bad rep because most critics are cynical Assholes!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
 maybe it's just that the beetles music is over rated?  I grew up around beetles fans and never got the appreciation for it.  Of course I thoroughly enjoy the Eagles music and that pisses some people off...oh and I liked nickleback too....heads exploding B)

Edit:  oh and  Styx is one of the greatest American rock bands, and they only got a bad rep because most critics are cynical Assholes!
Well this explains quit a bit. Wink

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Well this explains quit a bit. Wink
Nah,  I've been told there is no explanation for me.

From a pure singing aspect, its hard to beat this voice in this particular song. The clarity and range is almost perfect. I like Steve Perry, but I think this song extremely early in his career is amongst the purest. It holds up.

Let me guess...

Kansas too???  :p

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Let me guess...

No but I will crank the shit out of Metallica,  Motley Crue,  and Johnny Cash,  and Chris Ledoux,   Hank Williams, George Strait,  and a lot of others that don't make sense together,  oh and when driving at night.... classical.

@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Let me guess...

No but I will crank the shit out of Metallica,  Motley Crue,  and Johnny Cash,  and Chris Ledoux,   Hank Williams, George Strait,  and a lot of others that don't make sense together,  oh and when driving at night.... classical.
Classical streaming for me during the day. MPR has some great classical streaming channels. Just stay away from MPR news or you head may blow off   Wink

I love me some Cash, Old Hank too...You can toss in Waylon Jennings, Willie and the Boys while you're at it.

I grew up with all kinds of influences.; Zeppelin, Ten Years After, Grateful Dead (6 times concert goer!)  Jethro Tull, Hendrix, Janis, Stones, Kinks, Nirvana, Old Southern Rock and Blues. I love me some Allman Bros, Marshall Tucker, Lynrd Skynrd, Neil Young, Charlie Daniels. 

This is for you Jimmy!

Streaming PR classical when coding/reading, Social Distortion, Foo Fighters.... to relax.