Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ's first mock
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:
The amount of edge rushers he has going in the first round is crazy.
Yeah...and not the ones you'd expect. 
Joe Tyron was really the only EDGE rusher in the 1st that surprised me. But I know some NFL guys are absolutely in love with him. So I guess I see where Jeremiah is getting that from.
You can debate the order they will go in but if teams get over the off-field issues Jaelan Phillips is going to see his stock skyrocket. But for now sitting him in the middle of the 1st is a nice hedge since he could drop-off as well with bad interviews.  

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
The best part of that mock....the packers losing the superbowl.
Well, DJ is going to need to update his mock since the Packers didn't even make it to the Super Bowl...  Bwahahahahhaaaaaa

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:
Joe Tyron was really the only EDGE rusher in the 1st that surprised me. But I know some NFL guys are absolutely in love with him. So I guess I see where Jeremiah is getting that from.
You can debate the order they will go in but if teams get over the off-field issues Jaelan Phillips is going to see his stock skyrocket. But for now sitting him in the middle of the 1st is a nice hedge since he could drop-off as well with bad interviews.  
For what it's worth, Kiper has Phillips as his #1 edge right now. Ahead of both Paye and Rousseau. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:
For what it's worth, Kiper has Phillips as his #1 edge right now. Ahead of both Paye and Rousseau. 
In my dream scenario that now probably won't ever happen...my hope was us being able to trade back, get Barmore, and then pick up Phillips with the extra pick. 

You've got to respect a former scout who is well connected but...there's just NFW Sewell gets passed the Bengals. There's two generational players in this draft and he's one of them.

I'm down on Phillips due to numerous injuries. Best ability is availability. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
You've got to respect a former scout who is well connected but...there's just NFW Sewell gets passed the Bengals. There's two generational players in this draft and he's one of them.

4-5 Months ago when these mocks started he was a consensus top 5 pick,  now sure there have been a lot of situational changes across the league as well as what evaluations may have been changed through the limited college season,  but a "cant miss" L-OT thats still a top 5 pick no matter what kind of QB class we are projected to have.  Some team may try and get cute and trade down,  but do you really want to risk losing your shot at that type of talent to add a draft pick?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

4-5 Months ago when these mocks started he was a consensus top 5 pick,  now sure there have been a lot of situational changes across the league as well as what evaluations may have been changed through the limited college season,  but a "cant miss" L-OT thats still a top 5 pick no matter what kind of QB class we are projected to have.  Some team may try and get cute and trade down,  but do you really want to risk losing your shot at that type of talent to add a draft pick?
DJ has always like Slater more than Sewell. Doesn't mean NFL teams agree. But I will say that among the media scouts he's probably the most in sync with what NFL teams think. After Bob McGinn of course. And now that the Packers are out, we might soon start seeing some of his infamous "anonymous scout" stuff. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

Sewell isn't a generational talent. Him getting 1 Heisman vote in 2019 wrote that narrative. He is very good but a guy like Trent Williams who was viewed as generational was much better. Sewell can be a top 10 NFL LT, he's worth a top 5 pick. But the media is way more bullish on him than teams who have identified some flaws.  

DJ's top 50 released this morning. Some interesting things:

Slater over Sewell
Levi Onwuzurike top 3T over Nixon and Barmore
Rousseau, Paye, Phillips, AVT all grouped in the 13 to 19 range. 
10 OLs in top 50

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah...nkings-1-0