Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefan Diggs is the best WR in the NFL
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Crazy good and Josh Allen is loving him. 
Or it could be a honeymoon phase.  They are sailing along right now,  but at some point they will hit a rough patch and then is when we see if he has grown up or is still the malcontent we traded for Justin Jefferson. 
Its late December, I think any honeymoon phase has come and gone. The Bills are as good as anyone in the AFC, including KC now that they have John Brown about to come back. Diggs has been sensational for Buffalo. Everyone thought Allen wouldn't be accurate enough but the kid is money this year. He's the next great QB. 
Nothing more to add The Allen- Diggs combination is lethal.
If only we could throw the ball more consistently instead of running a 1960 offense. 
Say what you want about Diggs ( i am not trying to detail the thread) but he was spot on about the Vikings offense and the direction it was heading. 
Good for him for speaking up (you may disagree with the approach). Football is a business right? It's a matter of time before others follow.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Who the hell is Stefan??
lol, spellcheck is on and doing its thing. 

I hated seeing Diggs go...I'm still grumpy about it. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knew he was just getting into his prime. Just like #84, when that bastard McCombs traded him away. 

Vikings got VERY LUCKY getting JJ...

This Vikings novel usually ends with a Troy Williamson, not a promising Pro Bowl caliber rook. 

The question is: When the rough patch hits in Buffalo, will his cryptic tweets be directed towards his current team, or will it somehow be Minnesota's fault?

Allen is playing out of his mind at the moment. Kid is a career sub 60% passer. Has he found the answer or is it lightening in a bottle?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Allen is playing out of his mind at the moment. Kid is a career sub 60% passer. Has he found the answer or is it lightening in a bottle?

Keenum 2.0?

Quote: @"wiviking" said:
The question is: When the rough patch hits in Buffalo, will his cryptic tweets be directed towards his current team, or will it somehow be Minnesota's fault?
Another question here in MN: In 3 years, if Jefferson looks around the league and realizes he can't get the gaudy stats playing for Zimmer, will everyone still say he's got "swagger" if he's yelling at Cousins or skipping practices? Everyone thought Diggs was an enthusiastic but humble guy early in his career here, too.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Crazy good and Josh Allen is loving him. 
Or it could be a honeymoon phase.  They are sailing along right now,  but at some point they will hit a rough patch and then is when we see if he has grown up or is still the malcontent we traded for Justin Jefferson. 
Its late December, I think any honeymoon phase has come and gone. The Bills are as good as anyone in the AFC, including KC now that they have John Brown about to come back. Diggs has been sensational for Buffalo. Everyone thought Allen wouldn't be accurate enough but the kid is money this year. He's the next great QB. 

Those "money" QBs come and go every year.  For every one of them that becomes the next Erin Rodgers 1/2 dozen have a fantastic year or two and then flop.  Look at Wentz as one of the latest examples.  He was pretty darn good and has now set Philly back 1/2 a decade. 

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"wiviking" said:
Another question here in MN: In 3 years, if Jefferson looks around the league and realizes he can't get the gaudy stats playing for Zimmer, will everyone still say he's got "swagger" if he's yelling at Cousins or skipping practices? Everyone thought Diggs was an enthusiastic but humble guy early in his career here, too.
I posted a similar sentiment weeks ago...Nobody wants the Vikings to be known for the place WR's go to die.

Vikings have a proud tradition of wr excellence. Will the accomplishments of Rashad, White, CC, AC, Moss, Thielen be the brand going forward?

Or will it be AP and an archaic run-heavy offense?

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"wiviking" said:
When players leave and sign with another team, they will often say, I loved my time there, but in the end, the NFL is a business...So, it is a business. And he is here to do a job. Make his team better as best he can.  Outside of professional sports, imagine going on twitter, instagram, or wherever, and trashing your company and your co-workers. Then expecting everything to be fine at 8am on Monday. Diggs is a great receiver. But would you really want to work with him, knowing that eventually, you are gonna be the hashtag?