Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This draft pick
They need to focus on the offense. If they can get a guard and work on the philosophy, they can get better. They have to score more. Cousins is taking a lot of hits and getting pressured, upgrade the OL. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
Too many decisions yet to be made before we can say with any accuracy what this pick will be. Do we keep or release Reiff, Harry, Harris, Stephen, Rudy? After dumping salary, do we make a free agent signing? If so, at what position? 

I could be wrong, but I think if we keep Reiff this will not be an offensive lineman. 2nd or 3rd round maybe, but not the 1st. I will say that if there were any 3Ts worth a pick that high, and we don't sign one in FA, I'd bet good money 3T would be the pick here. 
I'm going to cross my fingers and hope the cap doesn't drop as much as previously thought.
Me too. But we have a LOT of cap space tied up in cut-able players. Just between the obvious cuts (Barr, Stephen, Rudy) there's got to be close to $25M. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@rf54 Good points, but a G makes Cousins better, makes Cook better, makes Thielen, Jefferson, and Irv better.

G, on this team, would make a huge difference. Don't believe me? Spend some time watching Dozier.
I have, he needs to be replaced.  Just not with a first round pick.  

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
They need to focus on the offense. If they can get a guard and work on the philosophy, they can get better. They have to score more. Cousins is taking a lot of hits and getting pressured, upgrade the OL. 
I would say they need to make upgrades on both sides of the ball, not just the offense.  The D has struggled alot this year.  We have virtually no pass rush and we will surely lose 1 starting safety.

Quote: @rf54 said:
@Vikergirl said:
I would say they need to make upgrades on both sides of the ball, not just the offense.  The D has struggled alot this year.  We have virtually no pass rush and we will surely lose 1 starting safety.
We also have Hunter and Pierce coming back. Maybe Harris walks. They have issues on defense no doubt but in this era, they need to solidify the OL.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@rf54 said:
@Vikergirl said:
We also have Hunter and Pierce coming back. Maybe Harris walks. They have issues on defense no doubt but in this era, they need to solidify the OL.
Pierce is not a pass rusher, in this era you need a pass rush, Hunter cannot do it alone.  They will need to fill many holes, I will bet anything right now they don't take Davis, in fact i'll bet they don't go guard in the 1st round.

@Vikergirl said:
@rf54 said:
@Vikergirl said:
Pierce is not a pass rusher, in this era you need a pass rush, Hunter cannot do it alone.  They will need to fill many holes, I will bet anything right now they don't take Davis, in fact i'll bet they don't go guard in the 1st round.
There is still a wait and see on Hunter's neck. I agree he can't do it alone. I know Pierce is not a pass rusher but he is still a key part of the defense. They will probably go defense in the first. 

Is this a ploy to talk "me" out of a QB? Joking. I hope we get one early on in this draft though.

@Vikergirl said:
@rf54 said:
@Vikergirl said:
Hunter cant do it alone, but he helps everyone on the DL. Pierce will be nice, but there isnt a DT worth taking in the first round and I honestly think Wonnum should be the other starting DE next year and can produce 6-10 sacks. This is a pretty weak Safety class so unless Moehrig is available, we wont reach for a safety. I think they go OL, whether that is guard or tackle and I think that's the wise choise.

I've said it a couple of times on this site but with all of the picks from last year and how many seem to hit the field, I think we stock pile our picks and make a couple of trades to get us a second rounder (DE/DT pick, safety pick, LB pick here) and multiple 3rd and 4th round picks (Use for QB, OL Depth, one WR, and DL). We dont need any picks after the 4th IMO...go draft some highly rated players and see what happens

Vikings currently sit at 14. But with three games remaining it looks like the Vikings can pick as low as 22, but are still in the running to pick as high as 4.