Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This draft pick

I'd be pretty ticked if we went defense if a good Guard is there for us to take

If we passed on Wyatt Davis to take Paye, this is what you'd see over my house:

[Image: mushroom-cloud-1.jpg]

Too many decisions yet to be made before we can say with any accuracy what this pick will be. Do we keep or release Reiff, Harry, Harris, Stephen, Rudy? After dumping salary, do we make a free agent signing? If so, at what position? 

I could be wrong, but I think if we keep Reiff this will not be an offensive lineman. 2nd or 3rd round maybe, but not the 1st. I will say that if there were any 3Ts worth a pick that high, and we don't sign one in FA, I'd bet good money 3T would be the pick here. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:

That could be one fun math word problem. "If a mushroom cloud forms over Sticky's house and Barr's house at the same time, how long and where do the clouds intersect?"

be sure to show your word.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:

That could be one fun math word problem. "If a mushroom cloud forms over Sticky's house and Barr's house at the same time, how long and where do the clouds intersect?"

be sure to show your word.
FUCK

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Too many decisions yet to be made before we can say with any accuracy what this pick will be. Do we keep or release Reiff, Harry, Harris, Stephen, Rudy? After dumping salary, do we make a free agent signing? If so, at what position? 

I could be wrong, but I think if we keep Reiff this will not be an offensive lineman. 2nd or 3rd round maybe, but not the 1st. I will say that if there were any 3Ts worth a pick that high, and we don't sign one in FA, I'd bet good money 3T would be the pick here. 
Might be the weakest 3T class in a long time. Wilson bombed and needs a big Senior Bowl to get back into Day 1 early Day 2 conversation. Barmore has been coming on, but hasn't been consistent. Tufele might be the best but opted out. No one I'm seeing worthy of Day 1, so far.

Hitting on bpa and need might be Davis or Darrisaw, who handled Miami's duo pretty well. 

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope the cap doesn't drop as much as previously thought.

I want difference makers in the 1st round, guards rarely are difference makers, If we absolutely need to draft a guard, and I think we do, than get one in the 3rd or sign one in FA. 

A first round pick better be making big splash plays.  The best guards are invisible on Sundays.  Even the top guards in most years fall out of the first round.  

Edge rushers, 3DTs, CBs, OTs, WRs, QBs, are my targets in the first round.  I may be persuaded to take a TE, LB or S but they better be crazy producers in college.  I only draft a guard in the 1st if he is once in a generation guard or I have a top roster that has no holes to fill.

As far as Davis, he is not a once in a decade talent, in fact he may not be the best guard in the 21 draft.  If that is the case, no thanks, Humphrey, Vera-Tucker, and Smith are all very good candidates to be high drafted guards. 

If we absolutely must get one next April, I'll take may chances or trade up into the 2nd.  There were ZERO guards drafted in the first round of 2020, only 1, Lindstrom, in 2019 and I think he is average.  Yes Q Nelson was taken in the 1st in 18 and been very good but Wynn was the second guard taken in 18 and he was a college tackle.  So that is 1 guard in 96 picks that were "stud" guards drafted in the last 3 drafts.  So 1 % chance?  No thanks.

@rf54 Good points, but a G makes Cousins better, makes Cook better, makes Thielen, Jefferson, and Irv better.

G, on this team, would make a huge difference. Don't believe me? Spend some time watching Dozier.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@rf54 Good points, but a G makes Cousins better, makes Cook better, makes Thielen, Jefferson, and Irv better.

G, on this team, would make a huge difference. Don't believe me? Spend some time watching Dozier.
what I was thinking