Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer is my coach!

Zimmer has done his best job to date.  I was all for throwing the young guys in there and developing them thinking that would lead to a better draft pick.  Instead Zimmer has developed real gems and revitalized this team.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I like Zimmer too...

If there's ever been a snake-bit Vikings coach? He's it - and it aint close.
Wasnt it a prime time @Chicago game when he got his retina detach? Iirc?
Did ya'll see Zim get all geeked on the Bears' muffed punt?  I loled, and sipped a beverage.  The ol man seemed to be enjoying himself.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/DanielHouseNFL/statu...3313263619
The flip side to that is maybe Eric Wilson is better than Barr and and the DBs who are in there now are better than Hughes and Hill and he just had the wrong guys starting.  

I don't know what got into Cousins, but the dude was jacked up all game. 

I guess which Vikings do we have here?
Are we the 1-5 Vikings to start the season or are we the 3-0 Vikings taking care of business in the division? 

You can explain away the start due to covid in my mind.  We basically didn't have training camp or preseason for all these new faces to get used to the NFL.  Now that they are we seem to be on the right path.
What worries me long term is that Cousins is a good game manager.  Thats all.  We're paying top money to a game manager. 

It was clear that you could see that the Bears were confused by the coverage on multiple occasions. They did a great job of adjusting and disguising coverage so that the Bears didn't know what was coming. The deep coverage was working. It is great to see some progression of the corners.  Foles kept looking to the sidelines with that what the fuck look on his face. The pressure was getting to him at times. Job well done. Shout out to Metellus for the fumble recovery and Harrison Smith on the interception.

I'm super happy the Vikes are playing better. We look like a legit team with playmakers on O and at least an average defense. That's a team that can and will win football games.
All of that said, I still want the Vikings to draft Kirk's replacement. They have to! Kirk is ok. That's not good enough to win a SB in 2021 or beyond, so therefore you have to be looking to upgrade.
But hey, we won in Chicago on MNF, so like I said-- I'm happy. Now just fix the Special Teams!

Quote: @JR44 said:
The flip side to that is maybe Eric Wilson is better than Barr and and the DBs who are in there now are better than Hughes and Hill and he just had the wrong guys starting.  
Said no serious football fan. 

One could possibly argue that the disparity between the two is not worth Barr's price tag, but nobody thinks that Wilson is better than Barr. 

As to Zimmer, he has always been a good coach.  Too bad for him, he came to the Vikings and has endured the curse.

Quote: @JR44 said:
I agree to an extent.  with limited practice time and no preseason there is no way to truly evaluate if the backups are better than the starters that know the scheme and the playcalling.  Every coach in the league would have started the veterans over the backups.

Eric Wilson is head and shoulders better than Barr.