• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MANNION . . . why is the QB position the only one that has a non threat backup
because we foolishly do not draft developmental QB’s

Quote: @Skodin said:
@Kentis said:
@Skodin said:
@Kentis said:
@Skodin said:
Mannion is a terrible NFL QB.  What other position on the team do we purposely not place a potential threat to take the starting job?  Fuck Spielman and his hard on for this midwest milquetoast BUM.
GO out and sign Kaep, give him 3 games to sit the bench and give him the back half of the season to start.  We need a QB with legs and BALLS to throw it.  Not to wait wait wait, be scared, throw

Arguably both guard positions & you could throw in safety, actually at DT & OG we have no starters or backups...  Confused 
I don't disagree about guards, but DT we signed Pierce and have spent draft capital on DL (Holmes, Johnson, Wonnum, Lynch) and how do you add more talent to the safety group of an All Pro and an up and coming stud

Pierce hasn’t seen the field, DT’s get no penetration & can’t stop the run. As for safety we have zero capable backups if one of our all world safety’s gets hurt or ejected...

You are missing the point of the OP.  It was WHY haven't we added a THREAT to the starter, a threat.  Kirk can't have a guy looking over his shoulder, it's obvious.  We hitched our franchise future to a guy who can't have a threat behind him.

No, I’m not missing the point, merely attempted  to answer your question, & then your questions on my answer...  B) 

Well, so far we need to draft a QB, OG and a DT.  Probably throw in a TE and a LB.  The nest draft is sure going to be a circus is Viking land.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Well, so far we need to draft a QB, OG and a DT.  Probably throw in a TE and a LB.  The nest draft is sure going to be a circus is Viking land.
How about CB? LOL

It's truly amazing that Cousins came out for the second half IMO. It's like leaving the starting pitcher in a game after he's been utterly blasted for a couple innings. Call it a bad day and give Mannion some work.

Why don't they activate Browning or Stanley at this point?

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Great question. Remember we can't have any decent competition for Kirk. I have no idea how we ended up with Mannion as #2.

Quote: @mblack said:
@Vikergirl said:
Great question. Remember we can't have any decent competition for Kirk. I have no idea how we ended up with Mannion as #2.
thats the thing. We are phuked with Cousins contract through next year at least. Even if we had somebody ready it wouldnt  matter. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@mblack said:
@Vikergirl said:
thats the thing. We are phuked with Cousins contract through next year at least. Even if we had somebody ready it wouldnt  matter. 
They have to do something. Regardless of the contract, change is needed. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Bullazin said:
@mblack said:
@Vikergirl said:
They have to do something. Regardless of the contract, change is needed. 
i guess theres a chance for next year if we could sign a Dalton or Bridgewater or someone of that ilk while we let a drafted  QB and 2 Guards develop