Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump and Melania test positive for Covid
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Yup, Karma's always a bitch, always. 

74 and obese wont help. He was 243 lbs at his last physical. 

I don't know if his last 2 political rallies in MN and Pennsylvania were indoors or out? 

243?  If he’s 243 then I am 180

Hope Hicks had symptoms on flight home from MN Weds.  Trump also did not feel well.

The irony?  Trump was very likely infected during the debate when he mocked Biden for always wearing a mask.

The negligence and incompetence?  Hicks tested positive Thursday morning.  Trump continued to not wear a mask and flew to NJ later that day.  

“It is what it is.”. Thoughts and prayers.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
If he has it, they will deal with it. He has the best healthcare available to him unlike so many other people. If he doesn't then, he will act like his "recovery" is a miracle. It feels like distraction and deflection from the latest mess he put himself in. Time will tell. 

At the bold... exactly my thoughts. There is no downside in playing covid-19 victim card. He actually will gain support by doing this (you already can see some of his supporters blaming the left for not showing sympathy. Ironic you say?)
Remember we are having doubts about his health because of his constant lying... even about his health.
It is a sad situation to be in. The president saying he is sick and there are doubts if he is telling the truth.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Wow, the president of the United States has Covid-19. If you step back from politics and really think about this, it feels like an epic, end of days, disaster flick or superhero movie. It's just so surreal. 

I know the opening scene because I'm in it.

Way back in early February, one of our marketing assistants, Ian, is in his cube showing a group of us the Johns Hopkins site on the spread of Coronavirus. "This is coming to America, guys. I think this could be a pandemic," he says. Ian's a kind of left-wing alarmist, so we all rib him a little bit. "Ian, you worry too much."

Cut to scenes of hospitals bursting at the seems, bodies stacked in cold storage facilities, empty streets in Rome, New York City, San Francisco. Businesses by the thousands shutter. Unemployment lines all over the world grow exponentially.

Then, as countries around the world begin to get ahead of the virus, it spikes in America. Unlike the rest of the world, America has a leader who doesn't take the virus seriously. In fact calls it a hoax and discourages millions of Americans from taking it seriously. Then come the demonstrations, the anti-mask revolts, anti-lock down revolts, people storming statehouses who oppose the leader. 

Then, in the midst of a hotly contested election, the leader gets the virus. 5,000 miles away, a former KGB agent smiles. 
Putin and the Russians have gone to extraordinary lengths to put up a bubble @ the kremlin. Not hard to find pix of disinfectant tunnels etc erected since the Pandemic began. 

Very different perspective & attitude towards Covid.

Contrast that to the cavalier culture and norms at this POTUS' version of the White House. Where image is everything and masks have been mocked for a long time now and as recent as the last debate.

[Image: MW-II874_kremli_20200618145409_ZQ.jpg?uu...8e992d421e]

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Ah, the tolerance. 
It is shocking, isn't it? You have to ask yourself, how far does this man have to go before his supporters no longer tolerate his ridiculous behavior? How long before they realize just how unfit he is to be President? How many deaths will in take? How many lies? How many businesses have to close? How much immoral, childish, petulant behavior is too much for them? 

Quote: @mblack said:
@Vikergirl said:
Why should I believe someone who lies on a daily basis? 
That's the sad reality and reason for my post above. In any case, hope they recover quickly. Would not wish this to anyone.
Same here. I don't believe it. Yet I am with you. They will deal with it.

31 days till election?

Doubt we see another POTUS debate. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Ah, the tolerance. 
Please, spare us the victim card.

He has politicized, railroaded, and undermined the CDC’s reporting.  He has continually downplayed the threat and admitted to doing that.  He just laid into Biden for always wearing a mask and following the guidelines his own administration recommends, while rejecting them and endangering himself and everyone else who follows his lead.  He has incredulously given ZERO federal plan, let states battle each other for PPE and been the sole man responsible for our country’s disasterous response and ineptitude, causing 200k deaths and job losses to millions.

You reap what you sew.  I have sympathy and compassion for all Americans affected by it, I have zero for the asshole who caused it.