Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook extensions 5 years $63 million
This is fantastic. Definitely wanted to see Cook remain on this team for years to come. It feels good to have him locked in before the season starts. 

Great news, was concerned about this not getting done. Now go out have a great year and stay healthy.

doing the happy dance

Great news. He’s a great RB and from everything we hear a great teammate. Very grateful. Can I say GREAT one more time?

Most of you are applauding and saying the Vikings' recent history shows they pay their good young players to stay. Well, if you're into history, Cook's indicates that he'll be healthy more than half a season only twice over this contract. As for the history of this team's management  - they have a history of winning 0 championships and damn few playoff games, even with Adrian Peterson for a decade. Time to do things differently, not keep repeating what has not worked.
But everyone else is happy, so I'll wait and see. If Cook has some great seasons along the way to the Vikings getting a title while he's here, I'll be very happy to eat crow.

I did not think this was going to happen with the Yannick trade. I guess this probably makes things tricky when it comes to working out deals with Yannick, Anthony Harris, and ONeill. I love Dalvin but the injuries make me lukewarm right now. I havent looked at the future cap today but it seems that we lose some key pieces moving forward

Good for him. One less contract to worry about.

Makes you really start to think about the personnel change down the road to fit the cap don't it?

Not surprised @ $12mm...NEVER was going to get done @ $8mm. I'll bet it stalled at $10/$11. 

When he's healthy he's one hell of a rb. Prototype for this era of NFL. Kamara too. 

I can't be the only one who's mentally started guessing which game he gets injured?  And next year, and 2022, and...

Hope I'm spectacularly wrong, but to me this seems likely to end up as
[Image: OIP.i8ZF6rZJoQQ9JyUljWS40gHaEY?w=261&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Makes you really start to think about the personnel change down the road to fit the cap don't it?

Not surprised @ $12mm...NEVER was going to get done @ $8mm. I'll bet it stalled at $10/$11. 

When he's healthy he's one hell of a rb. Prototype for this era of NFL. Kamara too. 
And he's just scratching the surface. In terms of speed, he makes Kamara look like Rick Fenney.