Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook extensions 5 years $63 million
just saw the alert on my phone.

Good news!

Well deserved.

Kamara Saint 5 year 75 mil also announced this morning

Brez is a wizard and very good at his job.

I knew it was going to happen, he's just too good to mess around with. 

The team utilized a built in simple restructure in Kendrick’s contract to create cap space...  B)  shifting $6 million in base salary to a signing bonus to help spread out the cost, a source told Schefter.

Quote: @Kentis said:
The team utilized a built in simple restructure in Kendrick’s contract to create cap space...  B)  shifting $6 million in base salary to a signing bonus to help spread out the cost, a source told Schefter.
Brez writes it into every contract a Viking player signs apparently to give flexibility for just this kind of thing. If there's ever been a guy who is quieter about making a ton of money....because that's what its taken to keep Brez on this team after other franchise's have come calling the last 5+ years, I think you'd be hard pressed to find one. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Kentis said:
Brez writes it into every contract a Viking player signs apparently to give flexibility for just this kind of thing. If there's ever been a guy who is quieter about making a ton of money....because that's what its taken to keep Brez on this team after other franchise's have come calling the last 5+ years, I think you'd be hard pressed to find one. 
Too bad we can't franchise tag front office folks. That man needs to stay here for eternity.

Vikings always pay their guys. It was just a matter of time. Thought they might wait a few games, but Cook has been nothing but a team player. He was justly rewarded. $12M seems about right. Much more than the insulting $8M written about by a few in the media, but not the crazy money CMC and Zeke are getting. 

I'm betting the hit on this year's cap is minimal (Elliott's 1st year hit was $7M), absorbed by Kendricks renegotiating, and the following years will be absorbed by the likely departures of Reiff, Stephen, Rudy and either Harris or Harry (zero dead next year). 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Vikings always pay their guys. It was just a matter of time. Thought they might wait a few games, but Cook has been nothing but a team player. He was justly rewarded. $12M seems about right. Much more than the insulting $8M written about by a few in the media, but not the crazy money CMC and Zeke are getting. 

I'm betting the hit on this year's cap is minimal (Elliott's 1st year hit was $7M), absorbed by Kendricks renegotiating, and the following years will be absorbed by the likely departures of Reiff, Stephen, Rudy and either Harris or Harry (zero dead next year). 
I'd rather have Dalvin Cook than any other RB in the NFL. I think everyone knows I'm not a purple goggles dude, so this isn't that. He's dynamic, powerful, shifty, fast and can catch. To me, the truly great RBs always press the line. They come SO close to the defenders but its all angles and physics: the closer you get to a defender, the easier it is to juke him and blow past him because he doesn't know where you are going so he has to hesitate that oh so important half second and that's all an elite RB like Cook needs. AP did the same type of thing, he pressed the line of scrimmage and defenders in the open field. AP was a different back, I'm just saying what they had in common was that pressing.