Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SoFi Stadium; This place is crazy!
Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:
I haven't seen it in person, but I've flown over it a few times, as it's right on the flight path to LAX.

I don't mind it so much. It's gaudy but it's LA. It's going to look good at night when it's lit, showcasing the water and palm trees. It's not a stadium that would fit in the midwest or northeast. As far as the roof goes, it's translucent and the stadium is open air on the sides, so it will look and feel like games are played outdoors, but you can control the climate as well. Remember it's not just cold you're trying to keep out. Gets damn hot in LA and it's getting hotter. 
So if it's getting too hot, give the franchise to Idaho. They might get more fans that care and butts in the seats...
Ha! Don't think there's enough people in the entire state of Idaho to fill the stadium. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:
I haven't seen it in person, but I've flown over it a few times, as it's right on the flight path to LAX.

I don't mind it so much. It's gaudy but it's LA. It's going to look good at night when it's lit, showcasing the water and palm trees. It's not a stadium that would fit in the midwest or northeast. As far as the roof goes, it's translucent and the stadium is open air on the sides, so it will look and feel like games are played outdoors, but you can control the climate as well. Remember it's not just cold you're trying to keep out. Gets damn hot in LA and it's getting hotter. 
So if it's getting too hot, give the franchise to Idaho. They might get more fans that care and butts in the seats...
Yes, Idaho and their 1.75 million people will fill that stadium up.  Wink

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:

The real question, are there enough people in LA to fill it?

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:

The real question, are there enough people in LA to fill it?
I doubt it. The Chargers were struggling to get enough PSL's. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:

I wonder what the population is if you don't count white supremacists. :-)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:

Probably the same population as Denver if you don't count the urban idiots.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:

Guilty. I'm an urban idiot. Your turn. 

It reminds me of the Olympic Stadium in Munich which was used in the 1972 games. The technology wasn’t there back then to do what they’ve done here, but overall I can see some similarities. 
Cool stadium. I hope they can fill it.

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:

you are doing it all wrong MB, “admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations”

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

I am not as stoopid as you look?