Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SoFi Stadium; This place is crazy!
Los Angeles Rams get first look at new SoFi Stadium
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery...423098001/

$5b!!!!

dope stadium

horrific uniforms. 

I actually think it's an awful design, the outside reminds me a of a gaudy Vegas hotel and having a roof in LA just makes no sense.  Could have done a more simplistic outdoor stadium that would have had way more personality and charm.  This is just a waste of a few billion dollars.  

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
dope stadium

horrific uniforms. 
Their uniforms/colors used to look tough. Now they look cartoonish. 

That is fugly as hell lol. I don't like the roof or the hanging circle scoreboard, it looks like a hanging wristband. The outside looks like a cheesy sci-fi but other than that meh whatever. 5 billion dollars though, what a waste. 

The NFL has some amazing stadiums now. 

Quote: @"JR44" said:
I actually think it's an awful design, the outside reminds me a of a gaudy Vegas hotel and having a roof in LA just makes no sense.  Could have done a more simplistic outdoor stadium that would have had way more personality and charm.  This is just a waste of a few billion dollars.  
I've driven past it a few times and I agree, it's gaudy. And a roof in SoCal???

smh

I haven't seen it in person, but I've flown over it a few times, as it's right on the flight path to LAX.

I don't mind it so much. It's gaudy but it's LA. It's going to look good at night when it's lit, showcasing the water and palm trees. It's not a stadium that would fit in the midwest or northeast. As far as the roof goes, it's translucent and the stadium is open air on the sides, so it will look and feel like games are played outdoors, but you can control the climate as well. Remember it's not just cold you're trying to keep out. Gets damn hot in LA and it's getting hotter. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I haven't seen it in person, but I've flown over it a few times, as it's right on the flight path to LAX.

I don't mind it so much. It's gaudy but it's LA. It's going to look good at night when it's lit, showcasing the water and palm trees. It's not a stadium that would fit in the midwest or northeast. As far as the roof goes, it's translucent and the stadium is open air on the sides, so it will look and feel like games are played outdoors, but you can control the climate as well. Remember it's not just cold you're trying to keep out. Gets damn hot in LA and it's getting hotter. 
So if it's getting too hot, give the franchise to Idaho. They might get more fans that care and butts in the seats...

flown and driven by several times, frankly it doesnt blow my skirt up. doesnt have that “immense” feel to it...much of it lower levels / looks like a mushroom.

honeslty the best football venue in California is the Rose Bowl.  Not a lot of fluff for the aristocrats in the stands, but if you work for a living there truly isnt a bad seat in the house