Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A minute of your time, please....
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@Waterboy said:
@StickyBun said:
Hey Viking fans. Yep, Vikings fans....that's what we all are and why we are here. The political dialogue here has really turned toxic. We are in strange times indeed with COVID and an election year with a very polarizing POTUS. Tempers are quick and run hot. We're all stressed out. Not to mention any other normal, everyday problems we have to deal with as human beings. I'm going to ask everyone to do something. You can certainly tell me to pound sand, ignore this post, etc. Its your right, of course, and I'm not TELLING you to do anything. I'm asking. Lets all stop posting about politics. Its a road to nowhere here. It puts people at odds in an angry way that joined this board over their love of the Vikings. 

I never wanted political talk allowed on this board as many of you know, and you can see why. Its worthless and only causes harm and stress in a time we don't need to add any of that to our plates. It looks like the NFL is going to happen and that's a good thing. We have other things to talk about now. If you need to vent about politics, there are only about a million other places to go for that. I say this as a poster that has stirred the shit as much as almost anyone, not as a holier than thou, high horse condescender. 

Thanks for the time, have a great day! 
Might want to try not expressing your political opinion when you’re imploring us to not talk politics.  I personally see libs telling us illegals should receive free medical and college as “polarizing”.

Sorry you have been so victimized, the internet is a tough place.  Thoughts and prayers to you in your struggles with polarization.

Lol! Oh great, now we've brought religion into this thread as well.  B)

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@PSBLAKE said:
yeah this is why I rarely visit this board anymore.  Well said Sticky.
You do know that you don't have to see the political posts though right?  You can change your settings pretty easy to just see the Longship forum.
I've been saying for a long time the default view on the site should be LONGSHIP, not RECENT CONVERSATIONS.

It should be possible for a group of adults to have a respectable political discussion and agree to disagree.  No one side is totally correct and the other totally wrong.   Sadly, respectable discussion is rare in today's political environment.

If this was the old "Post about not wanting politics to get those who really care" to come out and get a little wild then OP, best Hook, Line & Sink i've ever seen. Well played

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@Waterboy said:
@StickyBun said:
Hey Viking fans. Yep, Vikings fans....that's what we all are and why we are here. The political dialogue here has really turned toxic. We are in strange times indeed with COVID and an election year with a very polarizing POTUS. Tempers are quick and run hot. We're all stressed out. Not to mention any other normal, everyday problems we have to deal with as human beings. I'm going to ask everyone to do something. You can certainly tell me to pound sand, ignore this post, etc. Its your right, of course, and I'm not TELLING you to do anything. I'm asking. Lets all stop posting about politics. Its a road to nowhere here. It puts people at odds in an angry way that joined this board over their love of the Vikings. 

I never wanted political talk allowed on this board as many of you know, and you can see why. Its worthless and only causes harm and stress in a time we don't need to add any of that to our plates. It looks like the NFL is going to happen and that's a good thing. We have other things to talk about now. If you need to vent about politics, there are only about a million other places to go for that. I say this as a poster that has stirred the shit as much as almost anyone, not as a holier than thou, high horse condescender. 

Might want to try not expressing your political opinion when you’re imploring us to not talk politics.  I personally see libs telling us illegals should receive free medical and college as “polarizing”.

Sorry you have been so victimized, the internet is a tough place.  Thoughts and prayers to you in your struggles with polarization.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't the one complaining, only pointing out hypocrisy of the original poster.  I personally love inter-web scuffling, even been called an "internet tough guy" at times.  Nobody's hurting my feelings, and I welcome the battle. Smile

[Image: water-flowing-down-toilet-bathroom-260nw-1203068887.jpg]

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
[Image: water-flowing-down-toilet-bathroom-260nw-1203068887.jpg]
Yep. 

Well even the fact we may or may not get an entire football season in is up for debate. It's like our shortened and otherwise altered other beloved sports. Somebody has to be held responsible dang it!! 
It's what we do.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Waterboy said:
@StickyBun said:

Lol! Oh great, now we've brought religion into this thread as well.  B)

So now you're saying religion shouldn't be allowed in this thread?  Wink

Personally, I miss the eye candy thread...  Wink  me too that!  B)