Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easton or Boone?
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the line looks Sunday night since I believe both Reiff and Boone will be back in the lineup.  Having said that, I'm also not a big fan of Boone's and wouldn't mind seeing more of Easton at LG.

Zim made reference to liking those "lower center of gravity" guys, this could get interesting!

boone all the way! 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Boone has been nothing but glib sound bites to date, but it's way too early too move Easton in...for now...
I pretty much agree with this. I like what I've seen from Easton, and that's a very good thing, but it's too early to say he's ready to replace Boone. But if I were coach, I would definitely put Boone on notice. Who knows, might get him to ratchet up his play a level or two. 

Boone was our best (relative term) pass blocker last year, it was his run blocking that really disappointed me.  But on a team that's still not even sure it has 5 real OL starters cutting him is not an option. Boone stays for depth at the very least.  And I expect to see him starting opening day.

Quote: @RS Express said:
Boone was our best (relative term) pass blocker last year, it was his run blocking that really disappointed me.  But on a team that's still not even sure it has 5 real OL starters cutting him is not an option. Boone stays for depth at the very least.  And I expect to see him starting opening day.

I think we all expect him to start day 1. My point is that I like what I have seen from Easton on the line and with what we saw last year... I think many of us are looking for a breath of fresh air

Quote: @Canthony said:
@RS Express said:

I think we all expect him to start day 1. My point is that I like what I have seen from Easton on the line and with what we saw last year... I think many of us are looking for a breath of fresh air
We will certainly have 2 new starters and very likely 3 on the OLine.  I don't know how much more fresh air you can get.

Is Remmers at RT still a given? He has looked dubious and camp reports have been worse. I guess the only alternatives are Hill and Beavers...unless our new greater competitiveness at OG leads the team to move Boone to RT...

Has Boone ever played RT?    

Quote: @twgerber said:
Has Boone ever played RT?    
He played OT in college and his first couple years with the 49ers. Not sure if LT or RT - I don't see him nimble enough for the blindside. His height seems better for OT than G.