Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete talks about Dantzler
A lot of these guys beef up for the Combine.....then lose the weight/go back to their natural weight 2 months later. Thin build guys want to add weight to alleviate fears for NFL GMs. Its a game that gets played. Dantzler tried to do the same thing but he put on bad weight and it slowed his 40. I'm sure Waynes and Hill did it as well. Then your Combine becomes your forever weight in the NFL. Diggs used to tease Thielen all the time about his inflated weight and that it was about 10 lbs. heavy.

I'm just going to mention here that Dantzler was the only one to shut down LSU WR Ja'Marr Chase last year...

Dantzler just needs to add some hair.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
[Image: usa_today_11283911.jpg]

If Trae Waynes is a 190 lbs., I'll shit a brick. These 2 look very similar Dantzler is taller, but even if you add 5 lbs. of muscle, he's more than able to play at that musculature in the NFL. Waynes has a thin build and has put some hits on people. CBs in today's NFL are mostly about pass coverage anyway. If he's got 4.4 speed for real, this kid might be a SOD type. 

[Image: hi-res-adf9c7a90ec91efdf2e603c09c84f54f_...crop_y=top]
Look at his neck. That's 6-2, 175. A long ways from 6-0, 190, which is what Waynes is. Two inches shorter and 15 lbs heavier is a big difference.

I'm 6-2, 195 and you can see my ribs. I was 6-2, 175 in high school and I was scrawny. Put some muscle on him, some good weight, at least 190, and he can be Richard Sherman. Love the pick for the future, but I have my doubts about his early contribution. 

@MaroonBells Merton Hanks called, he wants his neck back.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells Merton Hanks called, he wants his neck back.
There's his comp right there. Hanks was nearly identical when drafted. 6-1.5, 177 at his combine. 

Didn't Hanks, Lott, and Davis all come in the same draft?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Didn't Hanks, Lott, and Davis all come in the same draft?
Nope. Looks like Davis in '90, Hanks in '91. And here your age is showing.... Lott was a decade before in '81. :-)

Lott, Carlton williamson, Eric wright. 1,2,3 picks for SF in 1981. All started in the SB that year.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
[Image: usa_today_11283911.jpg]

If Trae Waynes is a 190 lbs., I'll shit a brick. These 2 look very similar Dantzler is taller, but even if you add 5 lbs. of muscle, he's more than able to play at that musculature in the NFL. Waynes has a thin build and has put some hits on people. CBs in today's NFL are mostly about pass coverage anyway. If he's got 4.4 speed for real, this kid might be a SOD type. 

[Image: hi-res-adf9c7a90ec91efdf2e603c09c84f54f_...crop_y=top]
Look at his neck. That's 6-2, 175. A long ways from 6-0, 190, which is what Waynes is. Two inches shorter and 15 lbs heavier is a big difference.

I'm 6-2, 195 and you can see my ribs. I was 6-2, 175 in high school and I was scrawny. Put some muscle on him, some good weight, at least 190, and he can be Richard Sherman. Love the pick for the future, but I have my doubts about his early contribution. 
I'm with ya Bells. He's undersized from a weight perspective, so hopefully he is working hard right now to add some muscle weight before the season. If he's unable to do that, then he will most likely be a special teams guy with some rotational opportunities. I hope i'm wrong, but it's what I'm expecting