Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else want to get on the Jalen Hurts train?
Said before combine he wouldn’t get past 2nd round. If he makes it to 58, which I highly doubt, you have to take him. Oline and Dline with the 2 firsts. 58 89 105 is corner, WR, nickel is a dream value draft

I see little chance Hurts makes it to our 3rd round and won’t be at all surprised if he goes early in the 2nd. The guy is a gamer, pure and simple. 
In the right situation, I think Hurts could be a great pro. The Vikings would be an ideal situation for him. He’d have a very good starter to learn from and take his time developing his passing game. He’s got the scrambling/athletic talent part down, just needs to raise the bar throwing. 
If the Vikings believe he could be great in a couple of years, take him whenever. When it comes to QB’s, I’m pretty easy going if the team takes a shot on grabbing a guy early. I’d take him in the 2nd (if I thought he’s the guy) and not think twice about it.

My biggest issue with Hurts is my gut says take him at #22. Haha

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
I see little chance Hurts makes it to our 3rd round and won’t be at all surprised if he goes early in the 2nd. The guy is a gamer, pure and simple. 
In the right situation, I think Hurts could be a great pro. The Vikings would be an ideal situation for him. He’d have a very good starter to learn from and take his time developing his passing game. He’s got the scrambling/athletic talent part down, just needs to raise the bar throwing. 
If the Vikings believe he could be great in a couple of years, take him whenever. When it comes to QB’s, I’m pretty easy going if the team takes a shot on grabbing a guy early. I’d take him in the 2nd (if I thought he’s the guy) and not think twice about it.

Can you imagine Hurts with 2 years to learn this O?  Its perfect scheme to narrow the reads on a young QB as he works on his progressions

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@Havoc1649 said:

Can you imagine Hurts with 2 years to learn this O?  Its perfect scheme to narrow the reads on a young QB as he works on his progressions
That’s just it. He’s not close to ready for the NFL, but given time it could get interesting. I didn’t write anything up on the guy because watching tape drove me crazy. Not always his play, but often the offense and play calling were maddening. He’d start to get a passing rhythm going and it would be straight draw plays the next 3 calls. When he can get into a normal QB drop back mode, his accuracy is actually pretty good. The biggest Thing about the guy that is hard to ignore though, he simply wins games. Watching him grind against Baylor this year when he was playing like garbage showed me the type of mental make up he has. It’s hard to find that kind of never say die attitude.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I have been high on Hurts all off-season.  He reminds me more of Dak than Wilson (who were both underrated by the media AND NFL teams), but I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a legitimate starting NFL QB in two years if he goes to the right team.  Unfortunately, I don't think Minnesota will have the opportunity to draft him because he'll probably go earlier than the Vikings will consider taking a QB.
Not picking him early enough is different than not having the opportunity to pick him

Hurts (IMHO), may be the best QB in the draft. I'm on that train. 

Interested to see where he goes, tonight should be the night.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I have a weird feeling that the Patriots are targeting him and that's why they traded back with the Chargers.

Ran a SIM this morning that had Eason well into the third...

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
I have a weird feeling that the Patriots are targeting him and that's why they traded back with the Chargers.
Patriots,  Saints,  Indy all could use him and will likely be on him in the 2nd IMO.