Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else want to get on the Jalen Hurts train?
The guy could sit behind Cousins for 2 full seasons easily, learning and gaining confidence. He's got the build, mobility and pocket awareness you want in today's NFL. He needs development, but he's got the upside to be a starter in the NFL also. He's 21 years old, no rush and only time to improve. Outstanding leader and guts.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The guy could sit behind Cousins for 2 full seasons easily, learning and gaining confidence. He's got the build, mobility and pocket awareness you want in today's NFL. He needs development, but he's got the upside to be a starter in the NFL also. He's 21 years old, no rush and only time to improve. Outstanding leader and guts.
I agree with everything you said, including the 2 full years part. The accuracy needs work. Keeping his eyes downfield instead of on the pass rush is also a problem. But he literally has every intangible you want in a Leader.

The question is how high does he go? Can Minnesota afford to take him in the 2nd with all the holes? I just am not sure he makes it to Minnesota's 3rd. Trader Rick might need to move up and down to get enough capital to get Hurts and address glaring needs. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@StickyBun said:
The question is how high does he go? Can Minnesota afford to take him in the 2nd with all the holes? I just am not sure he makes it to Minnesota's 3rd. Trader Rick might need to move up and down to get enough capital to get Hurts and address glaring needs. 
That is exactly the right concern. I don't think he makes it to Minnesota's 3rd, either. It sucks that way. But it would be incredibly bold for the Vikings to pull the trigger, I just think it's doubtful. Lots of needs on this team makes the odds of it lower for sure.  :/

I'm comfortable with spending our comp pick, but I'll take Cole McDonald in the sixth...he's a project but has proven to be coachable...imo, best value for landing the QB of the future...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm comfortable with spending our comp pick, but I'll take Cole McDonald in the sixth...he's a project but has proven to be coachable...imo, best value for landing the QB of the future...
Cole is on some sleeper lists for sure. Might be interesting. To me, McDonald is much like Browning. This overview kind of aligns with most I've seen:

OverviewNext up from the pass-happy Hawaii offense with good size and impressive touchdown production over the last two seasons as a starter. While he can read defenses and throw with touch, he doesn't have the timing or ball placement to make up for his weak arm. He needs to work to a condensed field as a pro, but even then, jumpy cornerbacks could feast since he struggles to work with consistent anticipation to limit contested throws. He's a decent athlete, but it's not enough to offset his throwing deficiencies.

if we could get a late 2nd or early 3rd for Harris,  I am totally good with taking Hurts there.  I am fine with taking Love in the first and letting him sit as well.

I wouldn't take a QB before the 6th round.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Cole is on some sleeper lists for sure. Might be interesting. To me, McDonald is much like Browning. This overview kind of aligns with most I've seen:

OverviewNext up from the pass-happy Hawaii offense with good size and impressive touchdown production over the last two seasons as a starter. While he can read defenses and throw with touch, he doesn't have the timing or ball placement to make up for his weak arm. He needs to work to a condensed field as a pro, but even then, jumpy cornerbacks could feast since he struggles to work with consistent anticipation to limit contested throws. He's a decent athlete, but it's not enough to offset his throwing deficiencies.
Depending on who you read, he's got a cannon...much like Gordon...testing numbers say he's better than decent athletically...he is 6-4 and 230ish, so much bigger than Browning...

I have been high on Hurts all off-season.  He reminds me more of Dak than Wilson (who were both underrated by the media AND NFL teams), but I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a legitimate starting NFL QB in two years if he goes to the right team.  Unfortunately, I don't think Minnesota will have the opportunity to draft him because he'll probably go earlier than the Vikings will consider taking a QB.

Hurts would be fine with me at some point. I like Nate Stanley out of Iowa late. HE has all the tools, just needs some marinating.