Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBJ to the Vikes?
Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Eh, damn salary cap issues. I'd hate to lose Harris, especially with how young our backend is going to look this year.
You'd love to be able to keep both Harris and Harry, but I've traded him for a 3rd in every mock I've done for a month. It just makes more sense financially, and in terms of roster structure, to pair one of our veterans (personally, I'd rather trade Harry but I know that's less likely), with a draft pick. I know, Barr, blocked. :-)

Not buying it. Doesnt feel like a cultural fit.

They dont take on perceived problem children/malcontents but tend to trade em away. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Eh, damn salary cap issues. I'd hate to lose Harris, especially with how young our backend is going to look this year.
You'd love to be able to keep both Harris and Harry, but I've traded him for a 3rd in every mock I've done for a month. It just makes more sense financially, and in terms of roster structure, to pair one of our veterans (personally, I'd rather trade Harry but I know that's less likely), with a draft pick. I know, Barr, blocked. :-)
One things for sure...this is going to be quite an interesting couple of weeks.

This could just be talk about a Harris trade, which has been rumored for a month, and the fact that they're talking is being misinterpreted to involve OBJ. But the fact that Glazer says he has an huge NFL announcement to make kinda makes you wonder. He's not often wrong. 

Looks like Glazer put cold water on this, for now. Says his big news is not transactional with a player getting traded or signed.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Looks like Glazer put cold water on this, for now. Says his big news is not transactional with a player getting traded or signed.
God, I hope it's not bad news. Like something involving the virus's impact on the NFL. 

The news I have tonight is not transactional news, not a player getting traded or signed. Woke up to seeing y’all going ape-you-know-what guessing what it is. It’s not what you think. Fox Football Now tonight 11 ET/ 8 PT after race

Just asked somebody who would know if #Vikings and Browns discussing deal for OBJ. Response was "Fake News."
I believe the source. #Onward
[Image: Pixar_Onward_TwoBrothers_2020.png]

I'd be a lot more happy with this if we were able to get the Bills to eat some of Diggs' dead cap money. OBJ is definitely better than Stefon but acquiring OBJ certainly doesn't make things easy with the cap and it'd guarantee no Anthony Harris for Trent Williams. 

I hope it's all smoke.
I don't like the fit or the finances of it. OBJ being like top 5 in my most despised current player list doesn't make it feel better either.