Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremiah Mock: Johnson, Higgins to Vikings
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I hope this cant be made political... I really really hope-  I actually like this move on a number of fronts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/some-walmart-costco-target-stores-barred-from-selling-nonessential-items/ar-BB12k907?li=BBnb7Kz

1.  It will make it easier for those stores to keep the areas shopped more clean by allowing them to concentrate their sanitizing efforts to less square footage.

2. It will cut down on the number of people in those stores because you can only look at produce and the meat aisle for so long.

3. It will encourage shoppers to just hit the local store instead of going across town to the big box since they cant really get much more than the necessities at either location.
Wrong thread, Jimmy?  Or is Tee Higgins in this article somewhere?  LOL

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I hope this cant be made political... I really really hope-  I actually like this move on a number of fronts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/some-walmart-costco-target-stores-barred-from-selling-nonessential-items/ar-BB12k907?li=BBnb7Kz

1.  It will make it easier for those stores to keep the areas shopped more clean by allowing them to concentrate their sanitizing efforts to less square footage.

2. It will cut down on the number of people in those stores because you can only look at produce and the meat aisle for so long.

3. It will encourage shoppers to just hit the local store instead of going across town to the big box since they cant really get much more than the necessities at either location.
Yea I was thinking the same thing but I am also posting on both threads so got confused Smile

I am hoping we can keep this thread on topic about Higgins and not drag corona virus into this muck Smile   

OOPS,  I will clean this up somehow.  sorry.

Ok I moved my stuff and 65s response,  sorry for dicking up a legit football thread.

Unless Higgins tests positive for the coronavirus.

Can you imagine the melt down Rodgers would have if they drafted a QB in the first round.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Yea I was thinking the same thing but I am also posting on both threads so got confused Smile
I moved your response with my post to the covid thread,  I hope that was ok.

John Travolta looking around gif Wink

@JimmyinSD

Also, @purplefaithful there's no argument otherwise. GB crushed MIN so badly in that 2005 first round that we're still paying for it 15 years later. Stinks! Let's not have that happen again... please!

Quote: @pattersaur said:
John Travolta looking around gif Wink

@JimmyinSD

Also, @purplefaithful there's no argument otherwise. GB crushed MIN so badly in that 2005 first round that we're still paying for it 15 years later. Stinks! Let's not have that happen again... please!
I'm sure Rogers was plenty po'ed and crestfallen not going overall #1 and to SF...West Coast kid, SF vs GB???

C'mon...

To Rogers credit he went and proved everybody wrong. GB fans got two HOF QB's in a row for like 30 years. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Not a huge fan of this mock. I like Jaylon Johnson a lot. I'd draft him before Fulton, but not Terrell. Still, that seems a bit early. Jeremiah is one of the more "connected" media scouts, and his mocks are based a lot on what he hears, so maybe the NFL does have Johnson that high. Too high for Higgins, too, IMO. Smacks too much like 2016, when we took the 4th receiver in the 23 slot (Treadwell). 

And just a painful reminder that not only was Treadwell a bust, but all three of the receivers taken ahead of him have been busts as well. Coleman, Fuller, and Doctson. If this is how it falls, I pass on Higgins and try for better value in the 2nd round. 
I agree. 25 for Higgins is a huge overreach. To me, his game, his skills, and his body translate to a Red Zone receiving threat and not an every down receiver. That fact that he was healthy and wouldn't run any drills at the combine is concerning. I have seen 40 times reported as 4.54 and 4.43. I don't trust that 4.43 being pushed out there by his handlers. On tape, he's a 4.54 guy and with his weak upper body, he will struggle at the next level just like Treadwell did. 
If we don't grab Jefferson at 22, none of the Tier 2 WR's are worthy picking at #25. If we trade down to the end of the first, or early 2nd, and use that pick on guys like Mims, Aiyuck, and Shenault while getting some additional draft capital I would like that approach much better than reaching. 
If the Eagles grab Jefferson at 21, which is a real posibility, how will that blow up everyone's draft plan for the Vikings? I have a feeling Zimmer is going to make getting a corner in the first as his top priority regardless of who is on the board just like he did with Hughes which to me was a reach at that spot with better players available. Outside of QB, RB, TE, and S, we should select the BPA with both of those first round picks since we have so many holes to fill.