Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who stood out for the Vikings in preseason game 2?
Quote: @Jor-El said:
@MaroonBells said:
@prairieghost said:
Hill and Easton did a damn good job in there. Makes me wish we'd have this starting lineup:
Hill--Easton--Elflein--Berger--Reiff
I'd switch Hill and Reiff, but I do agree that Easton could be a better option than Boone.

Makes me wonder what the line will look like, say, 2 or 3 years down the road. Thinking...Reiff - Easton - Elflein - Isadora - Hill. Remmers might be a better run blocking tackle than Hill, but I'd bet Hill is better in pass pro. Either way, it looks like we might be developing a line that could be top half in a year or two. And, of course, we'll probably add a young tackle to this mix somewhere along the line. 
Yeah, let's hope within a year or two it is more like:
Mitch Hyatt (currently at Clemson) - Easton - Elflein - Isadora - Reiff

A premiere LT is the component that makes an OL great, and I'm not sure that is Reiff or Hill. As for Remmers, I'm really sad that his contract will still have $5.5M of dead cap next year. 

Be nice to draft a franchise left tackle, but we have to remember that we're paying Reiff as a left tackle. And folks keep wanting to move him to the right, when in Detroit he actually graded out better on the left. Maybe draft a left tackle "type" and then put him on the right for a few years, ala Tyron Smith. So few of these college left tackles can play on the left in the NFL right out of the gate. To be honest, I'd probably feel more comfortable with a league average Reiff on the left than a boom or bust draft choice. Of course, this season will have a lot to say about how this line evolves over the next few years. 

Agreed MB.  Seems the decent vets are much more solid than the current crop of studs out of the current college programs.

It is a huge challenge to find a LT out of college now. Funny how a decade ago there was a sure-fire stud OT at the top of nearly every draft who could step in immediately. That seemed to end the year Kalil was drafted, IIRC...