Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... Iowa....
serious question here,  I have seen it rumored several times that Iowa will "lose" its status as the first to go in the primary process... who can take it away?  isnt it up to the state to set their election days?   the general dates are set at the federal level, but unless the govt goes to a single primary day for the country I dont think anybody can take Iowas day away could they?  sure somebody could jump ahead of them,  but who the phuck would want an even earlier start date?  personally I hate Iowa and NH for being as early as they are.  This shit goes on to long as it is.  IMO it shouldnt even be official if its held before 6 month prior to the general election.

To me this is a classic, count the votes until you get the results you were looking for. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
To me this is a classic, count the votes until you get the results you were looking for. 
the system seems ripe for tampering,  but then again its not an election,  it is a caucus and that is what the Iowans want so its their choice I guess.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
62% reporting...

And it's looking like this just might be Buttigieg' coming out party...

I would not be the least surprised at this. 
Um, he's already out Wink

Took a bit, but I'm damn pleased with the results.
Someone should've let this woman in on it. Have to wonder why she's even caucusing with the D's. 

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/12...94658?s=20

@MaroonBells Saw this. I'm starting to think we need more than an age restriction on voting.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
serious question here,  I have seen it rumored several times that Iowa will "lose" its status as the first to go in the primary process... who can take it away?  isnt it up to the state to set their election days?   the general dates are set at the federal level, but unless the govt goes to a single primary day for the country I dont think anybody can take Iowas day away could they?  sure somebody could jump ahead of them,  but who the phuck would want an even earlier start date?  personally I hate Iowa and NH for being as early as they are.  This shit goes on to long as it is.  IMO it shouldnt even be official if its held before 6 month prior to the general election.

I believe it's a Party thing not a federal decision.  Far as I'm concerned, the big thing Iowa gets for being first is a cash flow influx. It could be replaced with a kumquat festival if brought visitors and we would be just as happy.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I believe it's a Party thing not a federal decision.  Far as I'm concerned, the big thing Iowa gets for being first is a cash flow influx. It could be replaced with a kumquat festival if brought visitors and we would be just as happy.
but isnt the Republican Caucus held at the same time in a year with multiple candidates for both parties?  I have a hard time believing that the R and the D agree to have it on the same day unless that is a local decision.  Like I said,  I have serious doubts that anybody can take away Iowas day unless they want to leap ahead of them.   Over all think the exposure that Iowas early start date is good for midwest issues,  unfortunately I dont think that any candidate remembers them come the day after the caucus,  but at least yall try.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
62% reporting...

Someone should've let this woman in on it. Have to wonder why she's even caucusing with the D's. 

is it a prerequisite that you have to be accepting of homosexual behavior to be a Dem?  I know plenty of Repubs that are fine with gays,  should they be kicked out of the R club?  who knows,  this old gal might be the biggest pro choice person in IA?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
62% reporting...

I made a comment a while back about this, saying that Pete will have a hard time being a serious contender for president... for just this very reason.  Right or wrong: some people (from both parties) will have a hard time voting for a gay man (or woman, for that matter).  

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
62% reporting...

is it a prerequisite that you have to be accepting of homosexual behavior to be a Dem?  I know plenty of Repubs that are fine with gays,  should they be kicked out of the R club?  who knows,  this old gal might be the biggest pro choice person in IA?
Well, our platform does include marriage equality and ending DADT. If you're opposed to those things, there's another party out there that agrees with you. Now, none of us are going to agree on everything, but this woman's disgust and astonishment upon discovering that Buttigieg was gay, and married, and that she could never support such a person in the White House, tells me that she's not paying much attention. And she might just be a Republican. Not that there's anything wrong with that.