Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kubiak new OC
Now just name Zim's boy DC, and we're set at coordinators. 

Quote: @Ralphie said:

Not sure I'm on board with this if Zimm and RS give me a call for an opinion.

Too much nepotism for me and I'd like an outsider with fresh perspective in to challenge Mike on that side of the ball. 

Quote: @Ralphie said:

would anybody notice if they didnt name anybody DC?

Hmmmm....

Does this signing point to a Zimmer extension?

Just thinking out loud. Would Kubs sign-up for this thinking it's potentially one year and done???

Totally smart for stability - my only doubt was whether Gary wanted the job.
Now we get to see who was most responsible for our offense last season.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Hmmmm....

Does this signing point to a Zimmer extension?

Just thinking out loud. Would Kubs sign-up for this thinking it's potentially one year and done???
why not?   He knows he has his guys (and son with him here) he knows that he can get a new gig whenever he wanted one,  so he really isnt risking much by tying himself to a lame duck GM and HC.

I thought I play calling hurt us and I would think Kubiak had to be a part of the game planning, so not sure if this will be much of an improvement.

I think this opens the door to Zimmer's son being DC, cause if they would have gone with Kubiak's son for OC, it would not have been a good look for Zimmer's son to be DC. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Solid move, I like it.
The only thing that really bothered me with Stefanski leaving was wondering who would replace him.  I'm now thinking we just upgraded our OC position for next season.
Agreed.  I think the biggest issue on offense last year was the playcalling.  Maybe not the gameplan, but the in game playcalling.  I think Stef's inexeperience showed through in some games and he never got Cousins on track if the running game wasn't working.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Ralphie said:

Not sure I'm on board with this if Zimm and RS give me a call for an opinion.

Too much nepotism for me and I'd like an outsider with fresh perspective in to challenge Mike on that side of the ball. 

Dunno, do you have adult kids?  "fresh perspective" would be one way to put it.  Smile