Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kubiak new OC

[Image: shocked-face-with-exploding-head_1f92f.png]

I had heard on the local news that Zimmer was working on dad to become the new oc. Didnt think Gary would want it at this point. 

Bit surprised, hope he helps me forget about Shurmur.

He's got a lot of weapons, now just get that OL stabilized once and for all. I suspect the kid stays on as QB coach? 

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1220...tweetembed&ref_url=safari-reader%3A%2F%2Fsportsnaut.com%2F2020%2F01%2Fgary-kubiak-to-be-named-vikings-offensive-coordinator-per-report%2F

This move makes too much sense. And it signals that the Vikings will continue to ride their zone running scheme in the coming year, rather than try to force Kirk Cousins into a larger role as a passer.
Kubiak has been a respected offensive coach in the NFL going all the way back to his time with the 1994 San Francisco 49ers, who of course went on to win Super Bowl XXIX thanks to the exploits of Steve Young, who benefited from Kubiak’s influence. 
However, what Kubiak is best known for is his exceptional zone-blocking run game, which was key to the Denver Broncos winning three Super Bowls during his time with the organization. 
Needless to say, the Vikings landed on their feet here after losing Stefanski.
https://sportsnaut.com/2020/01/gary-kubi...er-report/

No one should be mistaken, Kubes was the reason for our offensive turnaround. This is the best case scenario as we will see more if a true shanahan offense now

Gary Kubiak C, Minnesota Vikings
[Image: 8347.jpg]
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Vikings assistant head coach/offensive advisor Gary Kubiak is taking over as the offensive coordinator. Kubiak replaces new-Browns coach Kevin Stefanski. Still, the long-time run-game guru had a large impact on the Vikings' ability to largely control games on the ground as well as Kirk Cousins' frequent play-action success. Expect a similar approach in 2020: Feed Dalvin Cook all he can handle while featuring Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs in the passing game.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Jan 23, 2020, 11:12 AM ET

I know it's not earthshaking but it's official. So onward and upward.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I know it's not earthshaking but it's official. So onward and upward.
Considering how the org could have F'ed this up? I am delighted by this news.

Solid move, I like it.
The only thing that really bothered me with Stefanski leaving was wondering who would replace him.  I'm now thinking we just upgraded our OC position for next season.

This was long in the making.  Gary loves the coaching but could not handle the strain of being the Head Coach Dick Vermeil was the same way.  This also makes the most sense from the not starting over from scratch.  Our offense was good except for games against D lines that could defeat the zone blocking for runs.  Hope Kubiak returns to the Denver days and all the backs under his system that were 1000 yard runners.  Terrel Davis, Orlandis Gary,  Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis and Ruban Droughns.