Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paton To Interview With The Browns...Maybe...Probably
Anyone else find it funny that Paton bypassed many opportunities, but this is the one he takes? Is there worse ownership in the NFL? Odd move.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Anyone else find it funny that Paton bypassed many opportunities, but this is the one he takes? Is there worse ownership in the NFL? Odd move.
Worse would be Dan Snyder but Haslam has a lock on 2nd place.   If Paton is so smart I wonder why he's willing to do this, especially when DePodesta is going to sit in SoCal calling shots?   

Then again maybe he is ready to take any opportunity to get out from under RS and Zygmunt who haven't exactly built a championship culture here in their 16 years at the wheel.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Could that mean that he knows that Rick will be extended and he took his chance while he could?

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Worse would be Dan Snyder but Haslam has a lock on 2nd place.   If Paton is so smart I wonder why he's willing to do this, especially when DePodesta is going to sit in SoCal calling shots?   

Then again maybe he is ready to take any opportunity to get out from under RS and Zygmunt who haven't exactly built a championship culture here in their 16 years at the wheel.
Danny is a bit more...loyal...tolerant...

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
I would rather lose Rick over Paton to be honest. 
You know enough of their division of responsibility, management styles, and the personnel decisions each made to actually state a preference? I didn't think so. But make no mistake, Paton is a highly sought after exec for one reason: Rick Spielman.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Other then the Patriots what team has built a "Championship Culture"  and to your detriment Rick has been in charge as GM since 2012 and the Wilfs bought the team in 2005 and have a 126-112 record.  That is including changing  4 coaches in a 15 year period.  Prior to that 7 coaches from 1961 to 2004.  To say they have not been actively trying to bring a champion is ludicrous. 

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
 Paton interviewed for GM openings with San Francisco and Indianapolis in 2017 but lost out on both occasions.

That's rich. The guy we want to promote and fire our own GM for was interviewed and rejected by the very team that kicked our ass in the playoffs 2 years later.

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
 Paton interviewed for GM openings with San Francisco and Indianapolis in 2017 but lost out on both occasions.

That's rich. The guy we want to promote and fire our own GM for was interviewed and rejected by the very team that kicked our ass in the playoffs 2 years later.
Who's "WE"? 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:
@"Ralphie" said:

Who's "WE"? 
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b761190d929a08a3936a038...=giphy.gif]

Quote: @"mjollnir_k" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Other then the Patriots what team has built a "Championship Culture"  and to your detriment Rick has been in charge as GM since 2012 and the Wilfs bought the team in 2005 and have a 126-112 record.  That is including changing  4 coaches in a 15 year period.  Prior to that 7 coaches from 1961 to 2004.  To say they have not been actively trying to bring a champion is ludicrous. 
'To my detriment Rick has been in charge'... I can't even make sense of that sentence..  a middle of the road record and a bunch of coaches means what to me, exactly?   Watching other teams find ways to get to and win Super Bowls while the Vikings fiddle around annoys me.   You know what matters?  Not building buildings, not fiddling around with coaches, not the p.r. about how much they care blah blah blah, not a middle of the road record.  What matters is having a real shot at winning it and I'd say once in 16 years when they rented the last gasp of Brett Favre was that a possibility.    

But yeah I get it.   I point out that we're mostly sucking air for 16 years under Wilf and there is always some guy getting huffy about it, because boy it's so great around here in purple town!    If I hadn't been watching other teams win it all for the last 50 years I might agree with you pal.