Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paton To Interview With The Browns...Maybe...Probably
[Image: Minnesota%20Vikings_0.png]
Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports the Browns have yet to receive a "firm" interview commitment from Vikings assistant GM George Paton.The Browns reached out to Paton last week in hopes of interviewing him for the team's vacant general manager position, but apparently they're still waiting for his response. Paton has a clear link to new coach Kevin Stefanski, who he worked with in Minnesota, though there's reportedly no "guarantee" he'll accept the Browns' interview request. Eagles VP of football operations Andrew Berry is seen as the favorite to replace fired GM John Dorsey in Cleveland.
RELATED: 

Could be a sign that Zygi and Mark dont want to lose this guy. I still believe he's the successor to RS - question is how long will RS be here? He's 57 now, so not that old yet. 

Well if he's as smart as everyone seems to think he is, then maybe he's smart enough to realize that working for Jimmy Haslam might be career suicide.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns could hire Vikings assistant GM George Paton as general manager early this week.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirms the Browns hosted Paton for an interview on Saturday. Cleveland has also conducted sit-downs with Eagles VP of football operations Andrew Berry and Patriots director of college scouting Monti Ossenfort. In Cleveland, Paton would have the opportunity to reunite with coach Kevin Stefanski, who previously served as Minnesota's offensive coordinator. Paton interviewed for GM openings with San Francisco and Indianapolis in 2017 but lost out on both occasions.
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer Jan 20, 2020, 11:08 AM ET

I would rather lose Rick over Paton to be honest. 

The good need is if you hate Spielman and want Paton you can wait a year or two and he’ll be availible. 

[Image: vILguSrd_bigger.jpg]
Vikings assistant GM George Paton is flying to Cleveland today for his second interview for the Browns GM job, per league sources. Sounds like we could know something very soon, as in the next 48 hours.

Hate to lose home-grown talent...Especially with the trophy case still collecting cob-webs.

I dont like losing him cause I can't believe RS is going to do this another 3-4 years either. Maybe I got the wrong bead on his time-line though.