Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kearse not returning to Vikings, tweets displeasure
I'm not sure why he's upset with his role...  Harris is a better safety than him and I'm not sure how often you want to pull Mac off the field to get Kearse in.  Seems like his role on special teams and in the big nickel was an effective way to use him as a player.  Clearly he sees himself as a starter.  He certainly could be on another team; not sure why he has to act butt-hurt on the way out...  especially when this staff developed him and put him in situations to be successful to earn a second contract.

Being all butt-hurt makes me wonder why he didn't fit the team better...
/sarcasm off

Sounds kind of temperamental to me but whatever. 

I'm sure tweeting about it will get him what he wants.

[Image: Zqsoi-CD_bigger.jpg]
#Vikings safety Jayron Kearse has apparently deleted his Twitter account
[Image: EOOCn-SUEAABEY_?format=png&name=small]

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
He must have a smart agent or financial advisor.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
He must have a smart agent or financial advisor.

I hear Daunte Cullpepper is assisting with his new found freedom. 

I mean and really, this guy was barely drafted AND he gets to get a 2nd contract from someone.  For a 7th rounder he way over achieved.  Not many 7th rounders or UDFAs get to that next contract.

I'm not saying the Vikings owe him anything or vice versa but its still kind of dumb to spout off about the organization who gave you a chance an allowed you to go on to your next gig.  Keep that shit to yourself now and put it in your memoirs when you're in the HOF. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I mean and really, this guy was barely drafted AND he gets to get a 2nd contract from someone.  For a 7th rounder he way over achieved.  Not many 7th rounders or UDFAs get to that next contract.

I'm not saying the Vikings owe him anything or vice versa but its still kind of dumb to spout off about the organization who gave you a chance an allowed you to go on to your next gig.  Keep that shit to yourself now and put it in your memoirs when you're in the HOF. 

Good point overall but I wouldn't even assume he will get a second contract. He was well-known as a college player, and I think most draft predictions thought he would go in the first 5 rounds, so every team scouted him 4 years ago and passed. Does anyone think other teams are now salivating for him? I don't doubt he ends up in someone's training camp next summer, but I bet he and his agent will be waiting for many weeks after the opening of free agency.