Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Lines Are Out...
This has been the holy question in the NFL for eons now...How can a team look so good one week and not another?

Cause the players are human?? 

We look for trends and tendencies...I get where Sticky is coming from. I ALWAYS expect the other shoe to drop. I should - I've been waiting for another SB since I was 17. I have 60 on the horizon

hurry-up Vikings...

For all the success Zim had game planning and negating what Peyton and the Saints wanted to do, you have to ask yourself: Why don't we see it more consistently? 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
For all the success Zim had game planning and negating what Peyton and the Saints wanted to do, you have to ask yourself: Why don't we see it more consistently? 
That too...

Until yesterday, this season has to be the most disappointed I've been in Zimmer and the staff. And as masterful as they were on D, some of the calls by KS left us all scratching our head. He's still getting his sea-legs isn't he?

Good question. Probably because it's not that easy. Teams don't always come out and call plays like your film study says they will. How did Arizona beat Seattle in Seattle? How did the Falcons blow out the Saints in New Orleans? How did the Broncos beat us 20-0 at the half and then lose to us 27-0 in the 2nd? First game in Green Bay, they beat us 21-0 and then were dominated by us the rest of the game? 

The more I watch football, the more I've come to realize that talent is just a small part of the equation. Game plans, and how you adjust (or don't) to what the other team is doing that you didn't expect, is a much bigger factor than I ever thought. 

Kyle Shanahan v. Zimmer should be another doozy. 

I think I understand football slightly more than I understand women.

I think I understand football slightly more than I understand women.
[Image: I-m-An-Idiot?size=800]

Hopefully we get another full week of we can't possibly win the game.

I think the whole narrative has changed. SF will still be favored, as they should be, but I suspect we'll get one or two "experts" this time who wonder if this Vikings team, now with a healthy Thielen and Cook, isn't that team that everyone loved mid-year--that most thought was right up there with the Saints and the 49ers and the Ravens. I can't help but recall that writer who predicted the Vikings in the Super Bowl after the Charger game. 

Did a single expert predict the Vikings to win in New Orleans? I didn't look very hard, but I didn't see one person pick the Vikings. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I think the whole narrative has changed. SF will still be favored, as they should be, but I suspect we'll get one or two "experts" this time who wonder if this Vikings team, now with a healthy Thielen and Cook, isn't that team that everyone loved mid-year--that most thought was right up there with the Saints and the 49ers and the Ravens. I can't help but recall that writer who predicted the Vikings in the Super Bowl after the Charger game. 

Did a single expert predict the Vikings to win in New Orleans? I didn't look very hard, but I didn't see one person pick the Vikings. 
No one picked them to win on ESPN...  in fact we were the only team that didn't receive a winning vote (the Titans had 1 vote from one of their experts).

Greg Rosenthal picked the Saints to win on NFL.com...

None of the experts picked us on CBS or SB Nation.

Apparently, one lonely soul picked us to win (out of 5 expert picks) on the MMQB staff...

So yeah...  none of the experts thought we had a chance...  LOL

I will say this...  the matchups against SF scare me.  Their running game is really good and versatile (much like ours) and their front four can really get after the QB.  Armstead in the middle is going to be a handful...

It will be a tall task to stop their run game and the offense better have a good game plan to get Kirk comfortable.