Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Not A Fan Of Tolling?
Quote: @Canthony said:
Teddy can do what he wants. Who cares what fans think is right or wrong. He is a young guy that grew up in the social media world.
pretty much everyone in the NFL now is a young guy that grew up in the social media world, I could be wrong, but he just seems to do it a lot more than other Vikings players, injured or not, it does sound like he is very unhappy.  ?????     

Quote: @Wetlander said:
The first question I have is...  Who the heck is Saxyprince?  And why the heck should we take what he says as gospel?

I'm getting so sick of the tinfoil hat crowd trying to derive some hidden meaning from Teddy's tweets...  If you've followed the guy since he's been in the league, the vast majority of his tweets are meant to be inspirational.  No hidden meaning whatsoever.

What do we know about Teddy?  The kid is a damn saint if you ask ANYONE that has been around him for any length of time.  It would be completely out of character for him to be working behind the scenes trying to force his way out of here or trying to create controversy in the locker room.

I just don't get it...  Barr is right, he should probably stay off Twitter if people are going to hang on his every word and try to construe things to a fit a certain narrative.
Saxyprince is Yinka Prince Ayinde, he is a Viking blogger and writer for The Daily Norseman, is he more knowledgeable than everyone else?  No, but he does his homework, and this piece is rather shocking as he and most writers at DN are Teddy lovers. Saxy comes from playing the Sax, Prince is his middle name.  He is a pretty good guy and tries his best to be fair.

I doubt any of us here really know anything about Teddy, just what you hear and what you want to believe...

Agreed, I don't think Twitter is doing him any favors right now, JMHO

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
or a third and more likely reason. 

teddy either knows or believs he wont be put on pup/ir. that he will play this year. thus the lol is laughing at the idea is HAS to "toll"

maybe teddy has received good info from trainers and med staff. read all the tweets arojnd the time of LoL and it sure sounds like a guy with confidence or faith in his recovery
you are either dreaming bigger than Teddy or you been visiting your local dispensary if you think Teddy is not going to PUP.  he cant run right yet and we are 3 weeks from the season opening.  He is Physically Unable to Play.  If you dont want to take my word for it ask any of the other guys that watched him work out at camp in person (not on little 6 second video clips)  he isnt cutting off that left leg for shit yet.

Teddy has had confidence and faith in his recovery since a day or two after the accident,  nothing new to try and read into there.

relax, he will get there eventually and its fairly likely he will do it in purple.

I’ve said this in the past.  It’s clearly in the teams best interest to
toll his contract.  It’s clearly not in
Bridgewater’s interest to be tolled.  I
would not be surprised if the Vikings have told their doctors to be more
conservative with when they let him play. 
I would not be surprised if Bridgewater starts to feel that he is ready
to go before the team allows him to go. 
But regardless, from a “it’s just business” perspective, Teddy should be
putting out all the evidence that he can that he’s progressing rapidly and is
good to go.

The Vikings should offer him a one year extension that’s
less than his option was, but is more than the crappy rookie salary he’ll be
locked into, like maybe $7-8M.

Quote: @"Viking Bob" said:
@Wetlander said:
The first question I have is...  Who the heck is Saxyprince?  And why the heck should we take what he says as gospel?

I'm getting so sick of the tinfoil hat crowd trying to derive some hidden meaning from Teddy's tweets...  If you've followed the guy since he's been in the league, the vast majority of his tweets are meant to be inspirational.  No hidden meaning whatsoever.

What do we know about Teddy?  The kid is a damn saint if you ask ANYONE that has been around him for any length of time.  It would be completely out of character for him to be working behind the scenes trying to force his way out of here or trying to create controversy in the locker room.

I just don't get it...  Barr is right, he should probably stay off Twitter if people are going to hang on his every word and try to construe things to a fit a certain narrative.
Saxyprince is Yinka Prince Ayinde, he is a Viking blogger and writer for The Daily Norseman, is he more knowledgeable than everyone else?  No, but he does his homework, and this piece is rather shocking as he and most writers at DN are Teddy lovers. Saxy comes from playing the Sax, Prince is his middle name.  He is a pretty good guy and tries his best to be fair.

I doubt any of us here really know anything about Teddy, just what you hear and what you want to believe...

some (one) here have/has shown that they are more on the "in" with the league and its goings on.  he isnt sweating the Teddy situation and that doesnt mean he is a Sam for president flag waver.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"Viking Bob" said:
@Wetlander said:

some (one) here have/has shown that they are more on the "in" with the league and its goings on.  he isnt sweating the Teddy situation and that doesnt mean he is a Sam for president flag waver.
Trust me, I know, I talk to that person almost daily... I was just trying to answer Wetlander 

Quote: @medaille said:
The Vikings should offer him a one year extension that’s
less than his option was, but is more than the crappy rookie salary he’ll be
locked into, like maybe $7-8M.
Why? If we have him under contract via tolling for 2018 at the "crappy" ($1-$2M I think) salary, pay that. If he can NEVER play again - and that's still really possible, regardless of how much faith he has in himself - we would have wasted money. If he is physically able to play in 2018, a cheaper contract will just improve his trade value.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Lots of guessing about what his tweets mean. But regardless - 
  • Does anyone doubt he is unhappy about the idea of being tolled? It means another year at a relatively low pay rate, rather than a 5th-year option or free agency.
  • Who could seriously believe he is truly glad the Vikings acquired Sam Bradford and may give Bradford a long-term deal?
  • Why wouldn't he salivate at the idea of a trade to Miami? It's his hometown team, there are no state income taxes, and his favorite college receiver (DeVante Parker) is there. I would be shocked if playing for the Dolphins isn't Teddy's dream.
I have little doubt he is a nice person, but some fans heard him make comments about his faith and liking Zimmer, and they imagine he is an ardent lifelong Vikings fan who will sacrifice his own interests for the success of this franchise. Come on - he's a smart kid who says the right things on camera to build his public image, but his own career is certainly his top priority. That career has been seriously endangered since August 30, 2016, and the Vikings have taken steps for life without Bridgewater. Of course there is tension, if not conflict, between him and the Vikings.
I doubt he's happy about it, but he has to at least understand it. He can be mad at the injury all he wants, but not the Vikings. The Vikings absolutely cannot and will not extend Teddy Bridgewater until they know for certain that he can return to full health. And that means returning to live bullet action and returning to the kind of QB prospect he was before the injury. He would be foolish if he thought otherwise. 

Wth? It says Teddy goes on a tweet storm. To me, that in and of itself is lol. He tweets about inspiration and the book Little Bear Teddy: Big Dream Come True that's coming out. There are some great videos on his Twitter feed. There is one of a pregnant woman in a hospital room and the camera turns and there is a life size cardboard of Teddy there. There are so many pictures of little kids in Bridgewater jerseys. There are pictures of his charity work as well. The last guy in the world to hate on his Teddy. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Jor-El said:
Lots of guessing about what his tweets mean. But regardless - 
  • Does anyone doubt he is unhappy about the idea of being tolled? It means another year at a relatively low pay rate, rather than a 5th-year option or free agency.
I doubt he's happy about it, but he has to at least understand it. He can be mad at the injury all he wants, but not the Vikings. The Vikings absolutely cannot and will not extend Teddy Bridgewater until they know for certain that he can return to full health. And that means returning to live bullet action and returning to the kind of QB prospect he was before the injury. He would be foolish if he thought otherwise. 
Your assessment is totally logical...but not everyone is logical, especially when dealing with their own finances/career. We see it fairly often with athletes: players declaring for the draft despite many people telling them they will not be picked high, players angry that they get tagged or traded, even players mad at a team that paid them while they were on an exempt list. Maybe I expect illogical reactions and Bridgewater will understand the team's POV better than others.