Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Not A Fan Of Tolling?
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/8/16/...ta-vikings

Hey Teddy...Hey Teddy...Hey Teddy...won't you stay off tweeter...

Not good...

I'm confused. I don't see those tweets anywhere, other than the "LOL." What I did find interesting after perusing his twitter feed is that the Dolphins were seriously interested in Teddy after Tannehill went down. Several reports suggesting that. Pretty hard to believe that the Dolphins would replace their injured QB with a QB whose return to health is even less certain. 

The first question I have is...  Who the heck is Saxyprince?  And why the heck should we take what he says as gospel?

I'm getting so sick of the tinfoil hat crowd trying to derive some hidden meaning from Teddy's tweets...  If you've followed the guy since he's been in the league, the vast majority of his tweets are meant to be inspirational.  No hidden meaning whatsoever.

What do we know about Teddy?  The kid is a damn saint if you ask ANYONE that has been around him for any length of time.  It would be completely out of character for him to be working behind the scenes trying to force his way out of here or trying to create controversy in the locker room.

I just don't get it...  Barr is right, he should probably stay off Twitter if people are going to hang on his every word and try to construe things to a fit a certain narrative.

You can take that tweet at least two ways, probably more...either Teddy thinks its laughable that he'll toll...or even if he does toll, signing those players is still laughable... Regardless... Tweeting open ended, cryptic comments isn't endearing him to this fan...

Teddy can do what he wants. Who cares what fans think is right or wrong. He is a young guy that grew up in the social media world.

or a third and more likely reason. 

teddy either knows or believs he wont be put on pup/ir. that he will play this year. thus the lol is laughing at the idea is HAS to "toll"

maybe teddy has received good info from trainers and med staff. read all the tweets arojnd the time of LoL and it sure sounds like a guy with confidence or faith in his recovery

If Teddy thinks he's ready for live, full contact, I'd LOL at that tweet...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
You can take that tweet at least two ways, probably more...either Teddy thinks its laughable that he'll toll...or even if he does toll, signing those players is still laughable... Regardless... Tweeting open ended, cryptic comments isn't endearing him to this fan...

I think that is a fan problem, not a Teddy Bridgewater problem...  I mean look at him posting videos of his recovery this offseason.  Some fans are speculating that these were posted because he is trying to show the Vikings (and potentially other teams that might trade for him) he is further along than the team is letting on and he won't be happy if they put him on the PUP and toll his contract.  If someone has that preconceived notion that he isn't happy with the Vikings or the prospect that Bradford may be our starter this season...  then the videos and the "cryptic tweets" all fit that narrative.
However, what if these "cryptic tweets" are meant to be inspirational to fans and anyone that follows him on Twitter?  If you believe that, then one would think that him posting videos of his recovery are meant to be inspirational to people as well...  like look at me, I almost lost my leg in a freak injury and I'm working hard to get back to playing the game I love.  He may be trying to show people that don't ever let people tell you that you can't do something...  work hard, persevere, and you can accomplish things you never thought were possible or people told you were impossible.  That certainly seems legit if you think about it that why, right?

Liking a tweet on a speculative trade isn't inspiring, it's self serving...imo...

Lots of guessing about what his tweets mean. But regardless - 
  • Does anyone doubt he is unhappy about the idea of being tolled? It means another year at a relatively low pay rate, rather than a 5th-year option or free agency.
  • Who could seriously believe he is truly glad the Vikings acquired Sam Bradford and may give Bradford a long-term deal?
  • Why wouldn't he salivate at the idea of a trade to Miami? It's his hometown team, there are no state income taxes, and his favorite college receiver (DeVante Parker) is there. I would be shocked if playing for the Dolphins isn't Teddy's dream.
I have little doubt he is a nice person, but some fans heard him make comments about his faith and liking Zimmer, and they imagine he is an ardent lifelong Vikings fan who will sacrifice his own interests for the success of this franchise. Come on - he's a smart kid who says the right things on camera to build his public image, but his own career is certainly his top priority. That career has been seriously endangered since August 30, 2016, and the Vikings have taken steps for life without Bridgewater. Of course there is tension, if not conflict, between him and the Vikings.