Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump tweet feud with a 16 yr old
Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
It's just hard to put into words just how incredibly disgusting it is that this man is our president. 
And yet you and SF never stop trying (and- luckily for the rest of us- using this board as your medium). 
You too, Pumpf. I seem to remember quite a few posts from you detailing why you refused to vote for him. I don't think it was about his tax policy or his stance on climate change or his predilection toward the court, was it? Of course not. You and the rest of the "he's a dick, but..." crowd saw the same sort of juvenile, piggish and petulant behavior that is exemplified in this tweet and a hundred more beside. So why are you suddenly offended when people criticize him for very obviously unpresidential behavior? Just curious. 

I  wish I could go back and see how many posts I actually started.  But I'm pretty sure it was less than the posts I started about Obama... and I don't think I started very many of them, either.  Some, to be sure... but not anything like what we see nowadays from a couple of you.  And, you're right: I saw all his (past) behaviors and was repulsed by them.  But, a couple of things should be mentioned here:

1) Other Republicans have been good, kind, charitable people... and liberals savaged them anyway.  So, it's not like Trump's behavior is the cause of "your" hatred of him.  You'd hate him no matter what he said/did.  Trump just happens to give you lots and lots of reasons, whereas- previously- "you" had to pretend like the hatred was due to polices.  Frankly, the way that liberalism has evolved, I think that this is the kind of Republican (not necessarily conservative) that needs to be in that Office.  Anyone with a lesser ego might not survive the constant, unwarranted (because it's personal, not policy) attacks.  While I'm not a fan of his responses, I'm not sure what choice he has, given the things that he is accused of on a minute-by-minute basis.

2) I'm not offended that you (and others) attack him.  I'm irritated (big difference from being offended) that you do it CONSTANTLY!  There was a poster who "used to be here", who- literally- came here JUST to rant about his particular hatred for our GM.  How is this post any different?  At least he came here to complain about someone associated with the Vikings!  Yes, we have a "Sensitive Topics" area, where this kind of stuff is allowed.  But I'm pretty sure the goal was not to make trolling an accepted form of discourse.  If anything, the goal was to DISCUSS these kinds of topics- something that "you guys" are clearly not interested in doing.  You said it yourself: you won't have discussions with idiots... and everyone who holds a different opinion- from your own- is an idiot.  So much for "discussion".  By the way, I left the "other" board... at a time when ALL they did was praise Trump... and bash liberals.  So, you see: I don't like it when ANYBODY uses one of these Viking boards for their personal or political agenda.  Discussions are great... but the rantings are irritating- and just as juvenile as anything that Trump tweets (see SF's response for an example).  

You are going to equate my “rantings” and my disdain for the shitty, immoral and juvenile behavior by the President are just as juvenile as anything Trump tweets or says?

Hilarious.  So juvenile to bring up others bad behavior who represent our country, shame on me!  I mean the respect shown to Hillary and Obama by conservatives over the years was truly adult behavior.

In other words, you have no expectation for the leader of the free world to be able to communicate with any dignity or grace, and instead it’s acceptable if he talks at a level that’s no better than some jaded asshole ranting on a football message board.  As long as he votes in favor of guns, God and outlawing abortion, he can be a complete douchebag tweet-hating at kids and it’s all good.

With that reasoning, since you have no expectation for the office of POTUS to behave with any kind of morals or values, why should I have any respect for Trump, let alone those who support and condone his behavior?

Sounds like a shitty world we are building in the image of the Orange Almighty but I guess for conservatives and the Christian right it’s ok as long as the ends justify the means.

Truly sad.  

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
It's just hard to put into words just how incredibly disgusting it is that this man is our president. 
And yet you and SF never stop trying (and- luckily for the rest of us- using this board as your medium). 
You too, Pumpf. I seem to remember quite a few posts from you detailing why you refused to vote for him. I don't think it was about his tax policy or his stance on climate change or his predilection toward the court, was it? Of course not. You and the rest of the "he's a dick, but..." crowd saw the same sort of juvenile, piggish and petulant behavior that is exemplified in this tweet and a hundred more beside. So why are you suddenly offended when people criticize him for very obviously unpresidential behavior? Just curious. 

I  wish I could go back and see how many posts I actually started.  But I'm pretty sure it was less than the posts I started about Obama... and I don't think I started very many of them, either.  Some, to be sure... but not anything like what we see nowadays from a couple of you.  And, you're right: I saw all his (past) behaviors and was repulsed by them.  But, a couple of things should be mentioned here:

1) Other Republicans have been good, kind, charitable people... and liberals savaged them anyway.  So, it's not like Trump's behavior is the cause of "your" hatred of him.  You'd hate him no matter what he said/did.  Trump just happens to give you lots and lots of reasons, whereas- previously- "you" had to pretend like the hatred was due to polices.  Frankly, the way that liberalism has evolved, I think that this is the kind of Republican (not necessarily conservative) that needs to be in that Office.  Anyone with a lesser ego might not survive the constant, unwarranted (because it's personal, not policy) attacks.  While I'm not a fan of his responses, I'm not sure what choice he has, given the things that he is accused of on a minute-by-minute basis.

2) I'm not offended that you (and others) attack him.  I'm irritated (big difference from being offended) that you do it CONSTANTLY!  There was a poster who "used to be here", who- literally- came here JUST to rant about his particular hatred for our GM.  How is this post any different?  At least he came here to complain about someone associated with the Vikings!  Yes, we have a "Sensitive Topics" area, where this kind of stuff is allowed.  But I'm pretty sure the goal was not to make trolling an accepted form of discourse.  If anything, the goal was to DISCUSS these kinds of topics- something that "you guys" are clearly not interested in doing.  You said it yourself: you won't have discussions with idiots... and everyone who holds a different opinion- from your own- is an idiot.  So much for "discussion".  By the way, I left the "other" board... at a time when ALL they did was praise Trump... and bash liberals.  So, you see: I don't like it when ANYBODY uses one of these Viking boards for their personal or political agenda.  Discussions are great... but the rantings are irritating- and just as juvenile as anything that Trump tweets (see SF's response for an example).  

You are going to equate my “rantings” and my disdain for the shitty, immoral and juvenile behavior by the President are just as juvenile as anything Trump tweets or says?

Hilarious.  So juvenile to bring up others bad behavior who represent our country, shame on me!  I mean the respect shown to Hillary and Obama by conservatives over the years was truly adult behavior.

In other words, you have no expectation for the leader of the free world to be able to communicate with any dignity or grace, and instead it’s acceptable if he talks at a level that’s no better than some jaded asshole ranting on a football message board.  As long as he votes in favor of guns, God and outlawing abortion, he can be a complete douchebag tweet-hating at kids and it’s all good.

With that reasoning, since you have no expectation for the office of POTUS to behave with any kind of morals or values, why should I have any respect for Trump, let alone those who support and condone his behavior?

Sounds like a shitty world we are building in the image of the Orange Almighty but I guess for conservatives and the Christian right it’s ok as long as the ends justify the means.

Truly sad.  
Actually, I'm not OK with it.  And, if you had read what I wrote (I know, I have pretty high standards sometimes), you'd have seen that what I DID say... was that- based on how he is treated (by "you guys"), I don't think he has any choice but to fight fire with fire.  As I said, other conservatives (who have behaved with morals, values, etc) get hated and attacked by "you guys" anyway... so rather than sit there and take it, why not give it right back?  Do 2 wrongs make a right?  Nope.  And I wouldn't do it.  But, unfortunately, that is the political climate that we're in now (thanks, in large part, to the same people who are decrying the lack of virtue and class that they see in Trump). 

By the way, rather than whine about Trump picking on some poor child... shouldn't you be giving us daily impeachment updates?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I used to belong to a board with a political side board. I spent years and pages and pages of threads debating political issues. I still rather enjoy debating real issues like tax policy, abortion rights, gun regulations, torture, religion, with those who disagree with me. But, no, you're right. I will never again "debate" climate change with climate deniers, the universe with flat earthers, history with holocaust deniers, evolution with biblical literalists, healthcare with anti-vaxxers, and abortion with folks who think there are doctors executing babies. Yes, I do think those people are idiots. Sorry. 
That must've been a heck of a board: debating for page after page... with people who agreed with you.  

Lets be honest. You dont get to use a child as your puppet and then use her age as the reason the other side must agree with you.

Choosing to use a child to do your bidding is distasteful and wrong because it opens them up to very critisism she is recieving. The president has every right to respond and frankly I agree. Shes a very angry individual.

Greta as the person of the year is pretty much straight up propaganda. You and everyone eles knows that the protestors in Hong Kong are the real heros. Its to bad Time has economic ties to China. 

You have to be a world class douchebag to miss the whole point but that’s completely predictable for you.  It has NOTHING to do whether you are for or against climate change activism.

1). A grown man tweeting at a kid just to bully her.  Melania and her Be Best campaign are clearly a success

2). A grown man with skin so thin, so pathetically jealous he didn’t win, and who obviously has his own anger issues tells a child she has an anger management problem.  Classic psychology of projection.

3). That man is the President of the United States.

That is a good look to represent the people of the United States to the rest of the world?  You don’t see how embarrassing this is?  The Twitter addiction is bad enough but he can’t even use a an ounce of class to say “Hey I admire your passion, and while I disagree with your activism, congratulations”?

Nooooo .... he has to be the world’s worst sore loser and biggest bitch and lash out at a kid for beating him because he has zero self control.  

Clearly you don’t see how maybe the leader of the free world doesn’t need to engage in bullying against a child, and over something so petty??  It’s not just embarrassing, it’s fucking SICK and so are you if don’t see the problem with it.
Chill SFVF, Chill.  

I don't remember you getting so riled when the 16 yo Covington kids/Nicolas Sandman were slandered unmercifully by (mostly) the MSM and liberals?  

I agree with you, :o  I think Trump's tweet was gratuitous.  

It clearly was a response to her tirade/lecture delivered at the UN awhile ago.  

As pumpf jokingly alluded to... Greta 'started it'.  
Because she's 16 & has Asperger's.... we're to just acquiesce, right?  (As AGR pointed out)

Altho  unnecessary, Trump's jab was not that bad; certainly not 'cyber-bullying'.  
Greta even responded by updating her twitter bio as a jab back.  Good for her.  

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:

You have to be a world class douchebag to miss the whole point but that’s completely predictable for you.  It has NOTHING to do whether you are for or against climate change activism.

1). A grown man tweeting at a kid just to bully her.  Melania and her Be Best campaign are clearly a success

2). A grown man with skin so thin, so pathetically jealous he didn’t win, and who obviously has his own anger issues tells a child she has an anger management problem.  Classic psychology of projection.

3). That man is the President of the United States.

That is a good look to represent the people of the United States to the rest of the world?  You don’t see how embarrassing this is?  The Twitter addiction is bad enough but he can’t even use a an ounce of class to say “Hey I admire your passion, and while I disagree with your activism, congratulations”?

Nooooo .... he has to be the world’s worst sore loser and biggest bitch and lash out at a kid for beating him because he has zero self control.  

Clearly you don’t see how maybe the leader of the free world doesn’t need to engage in bullying against a child, and over something so petty??  It’s not just embarrassing, it’s fucking SICK and so are you if don’t see the problem with it.
Chill SFVF, Chill.  

I don't remember you getting so riled when the 16 yo Covington kids/Nicolas Sandman were slandered unmercifully by (mostly) the MSM and liberals?  

It clearly was a response to her tirade/lecture delivered at the UN awhile ago.  

As pumpf jokingly alluded to... Greta 'started it'.  
Because she's 16 & has Asperger's.... we're to just acquiesce, right?  (As AGR pointed out)

Altho  unnecessary, Trump's jab was not that bad; certainly not 'cyber-bullying'.  
Greta even responded by updating her twitter bio as a jab back.  Good for her.  

And here comes the apology tour:

I remember this time when Dems were mean to a good Republican 

Not that bad, wasn’t really bullying

But what about this kid over here

She started it, she is the angry one

President has a right to respond and I agree with him

You guys have no fucking clue how utterly pathetic these excuses are and how embarrassing it is to trot out these shitty defenses of Trump’s behavior.  Is it that hard to just say this is beneath the office of POTUS?

I mean yeah, you can also curb stomp a squirrel.  But WHY?  

Not only are we talking about a 73 yr old grandpa chastising a 16 yr old on Twitter, he is the President for chrissakes.

This doesn’t strike you as petty?  I don’t recall any Democrat attacking a kid on social media after losing a silly award ....  you have to have some serious psychological issues to be angry at her, when it was Time who picked her.  

Just further proof Republicans will work overtime to continue to offer the same ridiculous excuses for Trump’s juvenile behavior and there’s nothing they can’t spin to justify it as no big deal.

LMAO

1.  She is a tool of the globalists.  Nothing more and nothing less.  How does a 16 year old get this gig?  Who supervises her? Who pays for this year long tour on jets and yachts?  Who takes a 16 year old kid as an expert?

2.  They attack this president with this stupid shit all the time.  David Hogg for instance.  How did get into Harvard?  Who is paying for it?  The kid got rejected by a state school in California.  Low SATs.  Runs his 2nd amendment scam - who the fuck is he?  Let’s get real discussion from experts.  Not tools of the globalists to push their agenda.  You want to take away the gun rights of honest citizens (who go through background checks and are responsible) because the mentally ill snap.  They aren’t real Christians like Pumpf doing this shit.  Fix the mental health issue.  Shit the fuck up David Hogg.  You aren’t an expert that can find compromise.  

How dare you?

Trump was reacting to the hilarious Time shit.  

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I used to belong to a board with a political side board. I spent years and pages and pages of threads debating political issues. I still rather enjoy debating real issues like tax policy, abortion rights, gun regulations, torture, religion, with those who disagree with me. But, no, you're right. I will never again "debate" climate change with climate deniers, the universe with flat earthers, history with holocaust deniers, evolution with biblical literalists, healthcare with anti-vaxxers, and abortion with folks who think there are doctors executing babies. Yes, I do think those people are idiots. Sorry. 
That must've been a heck of a board: debating for page after page... with people who agreed with you.  
No, that board was a lot like this one. About 60/40, Conservative/Liberal. Football boards, as you might imagine, tend to run more conservative.

It's interesting, looking back on the things we hashed out--Enron, Iraq war, Saddam's involvement in 9/11, WMD, torture, Abu Ghraib, Valerie Plame--I can't think of a single thing they were right about. 

I sort of think in 10, 20 years, given the perspective of time, you'll all look back at this period and wonder what IN THE HELL you were thinking. Trust me on this: history will not be kind. You will not want to admit to your grandchildren that you supported this conman, this reality TV star who tweets from his toilet seat about teen Hollywood and mocks disabled reporters and children activists, this man who steals money from veterans and brags about grabbing "women by the pussy." 

I want you to do me a favor. If you have any objectivity or morality left, every time Trump says something, imagine Obama saying the same thing and how you would react in response. 

Let’s look at results of policies between Obama and Trump!  This is what you guys are afraid to discuss.  That is why you throw the impeachment and Russian hoax at Trump.  

Hint.  Compare the corruption of Obama and Trump.

CF gave McCabe’s wife a million for her election campaign while he was running the rigged email and private server scam investigations.  

Bill met with Loretta on the tarmac.  Quid Pro Quo.  Fix the Hillary email scandal for a SCOTUS nomination.  

FBI and Hillary paid Christopher Steele for a fake dossier.  She paid foreigners to influence the election.  HaHa.  What they falsely accused Trump of with the Russian Hoax.  

Comey leaked and lied.  Created fake evidence.  Obama spied.  Media complicit and duplicitous.  

This is getting good.  

Keep clinging to your fake storylines.  Man made climate change is a money making scam.  Are their research papers peer reviewed?  Haha.  Let a real scientist review their work.  

Blacks are waling up.  Jobs.  That’s the key.  He isn’t racist.  Look at his record.  

This doesn’t strike you as petty?  
 Petty:  of little importance; trivial.

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:

Gratuitous:  uncalled for; lacking good reason; unwarranted.

Dooood.... if you weren't so busy virtue-signaling....you wouldn't have missed I (mostly) agreed with you regarding the tweet.  

But you're forgiven.  Tough week for ya'll.   Wink
Shampeachment is widely regarded  a joke (outside CNN & MSLSD), Trump is rising in the polls, black support for Trump is at 30%  and Horowitz confirmed everything we've been saying about FISA/DOJ/FBI incompetence/criminality.