Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump tweet feud with a 16 yr old
After losing the Person of the Year award by Time to climate change activist Greta Thunberg, Trump tweeted a congratulatory message:

”So ridiculous.  Greta must work on her anger management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend.  Chill Greta chill!”

Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States .... telling a teenager she is the one with an anger management problem.

Keep it classy Donald

Back to class little girl.  hahaha

Man made climate change is a hoax.  hahaha

You are a pawn for liberals to make bank.  hahaha

It's just hard to put into words just how incredibly disgusting it is that this man is our president. 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Back to class little girl.  hahaha

Man made climate change is a hoax.  hahaha

You are a pawn for liberals to make bank.  hahaha
You have to be a world class douchebag to miss the whole point but that’s completely predictable for you.  It has NOTHING to do whether you are for or against climate change activism.

1). A grown man tweeting at a kid just to bully her.  Melania and her Be Best campaign are clearly a success

2). A grown man with skin so thin, so pathetically jealous he didn’t win, and who obviously has his own anger issues tells a child she has an anger management problem.  Classic psychology of projection.

3). That man is the President of the United States.

That is a good look to represent the people of the United States to the rest of the world?  You don’t see how embarrassing this is?  The Twitter addiction is bad enough but he can’t even use a an ounce of class to say “Hey I admire your passion, and while I disagree with your activism, congratulations”?

Nooooo .... he has to be the world’s worst sore loser and biggest bitch and lash out at a kid for beating him because he has zero self control.  

Clearly you don’t see how maybe the leader of the free world doesn’t need to engage in bullying against a child, and over something so petty??  It’s not just embarrassing, it’s fucking SICK and so are you if don’t see the problem with it.

You are both just mad because she speaks better English than the toddler throwing tantrums on Twitter in the White House.

But she started it! (in my best whiny, pre-teen voice)

Trying to inject a little levity into the lives of the perpetually angry...  :p

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
It's just hard to put into words just how incredibly disgusting it is that this man is our president. 
And yet you and SF never stop trying (and- luckily for the rest of us- using this board as your medium). 

Quote: @pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
And yet you and SF never stop trying (and- luckily for the rest of us- using this board as your medium). 
You too, Pumpf. I seem to remember quite a few posts from you detailing why you refused to vote for him. I don't think it was about his tax policy or his stance on climate change or his predilection toward the court, was it? Of course not. You and the rest of the "he's a dick, but..." crowd saw the same sort of juvenile, piggish and petulant behavior that is exemplified in this tweet and a hundred more beside. So why are you suddenly offended when people criticize him for very obviously unpresidential behavior? Just curious. 

@MaroonBells said:
And I see the resident pastor takes time to point that I and others use the Sensitive Topics forum to keep pointing out out all the despicable behavior by our President ...

yet says nothing about the despicable behavior itself.  

And A1 laughs and thinks all this is funny, joins in on the bullying of a kid.

Speaks volumes about who you are as people.

WWJD?   Be Best?  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
You too, Pumpf. I seem to remember quite a few posts from you detailing why you refused to vote for him. I don't think it was about his tax policy or his stance on climate change or his predilection toward the court, was it? Of course not. You and the rest of the "he's a dick, but..." crowd saw the same sort of juvenile, piggish and petulant behavior that is exemplified in this tweet and a hundred more beside. So why are you suddenly offended when people criticize him for very obviously unpresidential behavior? Just curious. 

I  wish I could go back and see how many posts I actually started.  But I'm pretty sure it was less than the posts I started about Obama... and I don't think I started very many of them, either.  Some, to be sure... but not anything like what we see nowadays from a couple of you.  And, you're right: I saw all his (past) behaviors and was repulsed by them.  But, a couple of things should be mentioned here:

1) Other Republicans have been good, kind, charitable people... and liberals savaged them anyway.  So, it's not like Trump's behavior is the cause of "your" hatred of him.  You'd hate him no matter what he said/did.  Trump just happens to give you lots and lots of reasons, whereas- previously- "you" had to pretend like the hatred was due to polices.  Frankly, the way that liberalism has evolved, I think that this is the kind of Republican (not necessarily conservative) that needs to be in that Office.  Anyone with a lesser ego might not survive the constant, unwarranted (because it's personal, not policy) attacks.  While I'm not a fan of his responses, I'm not sure what choice he has, given the things that he is accused of on a minute-by-minute basis.

2) I'm not offended that you (and others) attack him.  I'm irritated (big difference from being offended) that you do it CONSTANTLY!  There was a poster who "used to be here", who- literally- came here JUST to rant about his particular hatred for our GM.  How is this post any different?  At least he came here to complain about someone associated with the Vikings!  Yes, we have a "Sensitive Topics" area, where this kind of stuff is allowed.  But I'm pretty sure the goal was not to make trolling an accepted form of discourse.  If anything, the goal was to DISCUSS these kinds of topics- something that "you guys" are clearly not interested in doing.  You said it yourself: you won't have discussions with idiots... and everyone who holds a different opinion- from your own- is an idiot.  So much for "discussion".  By the way, I left the "other" board... at a time when ALL they did was praise Trump... and bash liberals.  So, you see: I don't like it when ANYBODY uses one of these Viking boards for their personal or political agenda.  Discussions are great... but the rantings are irritating- and just as juvenile as anything that Trump tweets (see SF's response for an example).  

@MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:

I  wish I could go back and see how many posts I actually started.  But I'm pretty sure it was less than the posts I started about Obama... and I don't think I started very many of them, either.  Some, to be sure... but not anything like what we see nowadays from a couple of you.  And, you're right: I saw all his (past) behaviors and was repulsed by them.  But, a couple of things should be mentioned here:

1) Other Republicans have been good, kind, charitable people... and liberals savaged them anyway.  So, it's not like Trump's behavior is the cause of "your" hatred of him.  You'd hate him no matter what he said/did.  Trump just happens to give you lots and lots of reasons, whereas- previously- "you" had to pretend like the hatred was due to polices.  Frankly, the way that liberalism has evolved, I think that this is the kind of Republican (not necessarily conservative) that needs to be in that Office.  Anyone with a lesser ego might not survive the constant, unwarranted (because it's personal, not policy) attacks.  While I'm not a fan of his responses, I'm not sure what choice he has, given the things that he is accused of on a minute-by-minute basis.

2) I'm not offended that you (and others) attack him.  I'm irritated (big difference from being offended) that you do it CONSTANTLY!  There was a poster who "used to be here", who- literally- came here JUST to rant about his particular hatred for our GM.  How is this post any different?  At least he came here to complain about someone associated with the Vikings!  Yes, we have a "Sensitive Topics" area, where this kind of stuff is allowed.  But I'm pretty sure the goal was not to make trolling an accepted form of discourse.  If anything, the goal was to DISCUSS these kinds of topics- something that "you guys" are clearly not interested in doing.  You said it yourself: you won't have discussions with idiots... and everyone who holds a different opinion- from your own- is an idiot.  So much for "discussion".  By the way, I left the "other" board... at a time when ALL they did was praise Trump... and bash liberals.  So, you see: I don't like it when ANYBODY uses one of these Viking boards for their personal or political agenda.  Discussions are great... but the rantings are irritating- and just as juvenile as anything that Trump tweets (see SF's response for an example).  

I used to belong to a board with a political side board. I spent years and pages and pages of threads debating political issues. I still rather enjoy debating real issues like tax policy, abortion rights, gun regulations, torture, religion, with those who disagree with me. But, no, you're right. I will never again "debate" climate change with climate deniers, the universe with flat earthers, history with holocaust deniers, evolution with biblical literalists, healthcare with anti-vaxxers, and abortion with folks who think there are doctors executing babies. Yes, I do think those people are idiots. Sorry.