Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's racism no longer in question
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
i am no Omar supporter, but this is absolutely shameful...What the hell is wrong with people?

I'm grateful to trump. We now have a fairly accurate census of how many Americans are ok with racism, sexism, xenophobia, and apparently pedophilia too. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@purplefaithful said:
i am no Omar supporter, but this is absolutely shameful...What the hell is wrong with people?

I'm grateful to trump. We now have a fairly accurate census of how many Americans are ok with racism, sexism, xenophobia, and apparently pedophilia too. 
Yeah, until now, we simply thought it was the Democrats...

Yeah, deflection is cool...shock someone and take ownership once of your parties actions...maybe even express some disguist...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Yeah, deflection is cool...shock someone and take ownership once of your parties actions...maybe even express some disguist...
Let’s wait for the evidence.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

People have always been like this. They number in the millions. They've just kept these thoughts and beliefs quiet because they weren't typically accepted. Trump changed all that. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ubLTtP88U

People have always been like this. They number in the millions. They've just kept these thoughts and beliefs quiet because they weren't typically accepted. Trump changed all that. 
Trump and social media. Without the collaboration of the two, the racism would have remained much more covert. People are validated and emboldened when others are like-minded, whether it be good or bad thought processes. And social media makes the world a MUCH smaller place.

Show me statistics that racism is worse.  

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Show me statistics that racism is worse.  
It's not worse. It's just out in the open. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ubLTtP88U

Trump and social media. Without the collaboration of the two, the racism would have remained much more covert. People are validated and emboldened when others are like-minded, whether it be good or bad thought processes. And social media makes the world a MUCH smaller place.
^^ This. 

I think racism and other isms are way down.  The vast majority of people in the US have
gotten the memo and are trying to be considerate of other people’s
feelings.  I think there are two parts to
the various isms:  There’s the acts that people
do, and how the victims feel.  I think
the acts that people do, are much less severe and in lower quantity than what
was done in the past.  I think what’s
actually happening is that people are becoming more sensitive to any slight and
the media having access to every single thing that happens across hundreds of
millions of people gives people the idea that bad things happen at a much higher
frequency than they actually do.

I think the Covington Kid video is exactly where we are right
now.  A kid wears a hat that supports the
current president and smirks at someone, and the media blows up, social media
blows up, etc., life is ending.  This is
what racism is now.  It’s smirks.  It’s institutional racism, where people aren’t
racist, but systems are.

I think that when the far left minority calls everyone to
the right of them racist, and we all remember what racism used to mean and compare
it to what people are being accused of now, it rings hollow.  It’s kind of like AOC calling the border
facilities, “Concentration Camps”.  We
all know what the term has connotations of WWII Germany and the horrors that
happened there, and it’s not even comparable to what’s happening now, so it
makes it seem that they are using extreme language to make things seem worse
than they are.

I think people get disgusted when they are accused of things
that are far worse than what they actually are, especially by people that hide
behind a keyboard a million miles away and don’t actually know them.  The more reactive the far left is, the more
they push away anyone they want to help him. 
Trump will win in a landslide, because voting for Trump is less bad than
being associated with the democrats at this point.  Even after everything he said (which I still
think was manufactured for that purpose)