Appears that Cousins has gotten the shot
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
Not good news 

During that same period of time (August 11th – August 19th), the SNHD’s total COVID Deaths (those of both vaccinated and unvaccinated), rose from 4936 to 5032, or 96 deaths.  Of the total deaths, 50 of them were fully vaccinated, meaning 52% of the deaths were fully vaccinated patients.
you supporting document says 49 deaths,  but that is no big deal,  but where is the rest of the information you are talking about?  simply showing that 49 vaccinated died doesnt paint the complete picture.   How many total new cases were reported,  how many of those were vac vs unvac,  hospitalization break downs the same way?  IMO its not just about the deaths,  its about the hospitalization % as well,  especially now that insurance companies are saying they wont cover unvaccinated people that test positive.
During that same period of time (August 11th – August 19th), the SNHD’s total COVID Deaths (those of both vaccinated and unvaccinated), rose from 4936 to 5032, or 96 deaths.  Of the total deaths, 50 of them were fully vaccinated, meaning 52% of the deaths were fully vaccinated patients.

As far as insurance companies, fuck them!  They have long been corrupt, money grubbing bureaucrats and they can fuck off.  If their CEOs died, I may even dance on their grave.  Anyone defending an insurance company trying to avoid paying bills is scum IMO.
i dont think I have heard of anyone defending insurance companies to date,  however I will say that if your insurance company comes out and flat out tells you that you need the shot or you wont get covered if you get it... well thats their prerogative as a private business IMO.   no different than me defending a baker that doesnt want to bake a cake for a gay couple.  private business should be allowed to operate however they feel like,  unless they are receiving tax dollars,  then they shouldnt be allowed to discriminate.
I wouldn't compare an insurance company to a privately owned small business.  Insurance companies spend mega $$$s on lobbying the fed gov, wrote the ACA and have federally supported monopolies.  Pretty sure they get tax dollars through the state exchanges as well.
well regardless,  they are private companies that are working for profits for their stockholders,  if its financially in their best interest to take that stand they should have that right as long as their customers know up front that they wont be covered.  my insurance requires and annual physical/wellness visit or my premiums go up $100 per month,  some companies require riders for certain things like pregnancy or cancers,  this is just another thing they are trying to do to keep costs down and profits up.
No way I would say they are private companies.  They are corrupt gov't subsidized entities that hate light shined upon their actions.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021...rices.html

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
Not good news 

you supporting document says 49 deaths,  but that is no big deal,  but where is the rest of the information you are talking about?  simply showing that 49 vaccinated died doesnt paint the complete picture.   How many total new cases were reported,  how many of those were vac vs unvac,  hospitalization break downs the same way?  IMO its not just about the deaths,  its about the hospitalization % as well,  especially now that insurance companies are saying they wont cover unvaccinated people that test positive.

As far as insurance companies, fuck them!  They have long been corrupt, money grubbing bureaucrats and they can fuck off.  If their CEOs died, I may even dance on their grave.  Anyone defending an insurance company trying to avoid paying bills is scum IMO.
i dont think I have heard of anyone defending insurance companies to date,  however I will say that if your insurance company comes out and flat out tells you that you need the shot or you wont get covered if you get it... well thats their prerogative as a private business IMO.   no different than me defending a baker that doesnt want to bake a cake for a gay couple.  private business should be allowed to operate however they feel like,  unless they are receiving tax dollars,  then they shouldnt be allowed to discriminate.
I wouldn't compare an insurance company to a privately owned small business.  Insurance companies spend mega $$$s on lobbying the fed gov, wrote the ACA and have federally supported monopolies.  Pretty sure they get tax dollars through the state exchanges as well.
well regardless,  they are private companies that are working for profits for their stockholders,  if its financially in their best interest to take that stand they should have that right as long as their customers know up front that they wont be covered.  my insurance requires and annual physical/wellness visit or my premiums go up $100 per month,  some companies require riders for certain things like pregnancy or cancers,  this is just another thing they are trying to do to keep costs down and profits up.
No way I would say they are private companies.  They are corrupt gov't subsidized entities that hate light shined upon their actions.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021...rices.html

Not much that isn't govt subsidized any more.  About ever industry out there benefits directly or closely indirect from govt handouts.

[Image: sack8_25_21color.jpg?w=525&h=600&format=...aces&dpr=2]
I'm way past snarky....

Delta Air Lines, days after the government fully approved a COVID-19 vaccine, took a harder line with its unvaccinated workers.Employees on Delta's health plan who haven't been fully vaccinated will incur a $200 monthly surcharge, deducted from paychecks beginning in November, the company said Wednesday. That adds up to a $2,400 cut in annual pay.
It's the latest corporation to impose stricter COVID-19 personnel policies following the legal protections offered by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's full approval of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine on Monday.
"With this week's announcement that the FDA has granted full approval for the Pfizer vaccine, the time for you to get vaccinated is now," Ed Bastian, Delta's chief executive, told employees in a memo. About 75% of Delta's employees are fully vaccinated.
The Atlanta-based airline employs about 5,800 Minnesotans. While that's fewer than the 8,400 it had before the pandemic, Delta remains one of the state's largest private employers and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport is its second-largest hub.
Bastian said the average cost to the airline for each Delta worker hospitalized by COVID-19 is around $50,000. "This surcharge will be necessary to address the financial risk the decision to not vaccinate is creating for our company," Bastian wrote.
Since the rise in recent weeks of the more contagious version of coronavirus known as the delta variant, none of Delta's fully vaccinated employees were hospitalized. Those who were have not been fully vaccinated, the airline said.
"While we are grateful of the progress we've made, the most recent virus variants make it clear that more work remains ahead," Bastian said
https://www.startribune.com/delta-air-li...600090834/

@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
Testimonials like this can be effective. 

https://twitter.com/DrDenaGrayson/status...45156?s=20
will they though?  IMO only first hand experience will change peoples minds on this.  if their friends or loved ones have a bad experience,  that I think will be what it takes,  and most likely it will happen eventually, of course there will be those that compare themselves to that person and find a reason why that person had a bad go and that they likely wouldnt.
Testimonials are, by far, the most effective tool marketers use to convince someone to take some kind of action. Will it convince the vaccine=communism crowd? Of course not. But will it convince some of the vaccine-hesitant? You bet it will. Why? Because this isn't the government; this isn't the media. This is someone just like you. What's more, she comes off as honest and unrehearsed...genuine. We need more of this. 
I agree far more effective than snarky comments by the pro-vax crowd and yes I was vax as soon as possible in my community.
Snark is understandable. Granted, not effective, but understandable. Hell, RAGE is understandable. 
not really,  not any more.  once it was established that even the vaccinated can catch it, transmit it,  and can create variants themselves... whats it hurting most people if there are unvaccinated?  if you dont want to get a vaccination its really just yourself or your loved ones that are at a greater risk of being hurt.  yes it sucks for the hospitals getting over run,  but that will resolve itself in time...

Thats not true.  There is a 7.5% chance you'll need hospitalization if you catch Covid.  That is 7.5% that take up hospital resources both from covid and non-covid patients in hospitals that are already over, at or near capacity.
The R0 for the delta variant is estimated to be 8.  Meaning for every person infected 8 will be infected by that person.  Its not hard to run a forward progression and see that our national healthcare system will collapse under those conditions a whole lot sooner then anyone wants to admit. 

You're chance of catching/needing hospitalization/death all decrease significantly if vaccinated. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

will they though?  IMO only first hand experience will change peoples minds on this.  if their friends or loved ones have a bad experience,  that I think will be what it takes,  and most likely it will happen eventually, of course there will be those that compare themselves to that person and find a reason why that person had a bad go and that they likely wouldnt.
Testimonials are, by far, the most effective tool marketers use to convince someone to take some kind of action. Will it convince the vaccine=communism crowd? Of course not. But will it convince some of the vaccine-hesitant? You bet it will. Why? Because this isn't the government; this isn't the media. This is someone just like you. What's more, she comes off as honest and unrehearsed...genuine. We need more of this. 
I agree far more effective than snarky comments by the pro-vax crowd and yes I was vax as soon as possible in my community.
Snark is understandable. Granted, not effective, but understandable. Hell, RAGE is understandable. 
not really,  not any more.  once it was established that even the vaccinated can catch it, transmit it,  and can create variants themselves... whats it hurting most people if there are unvaccinated?  if you dont want to get a vaccination its really just yourself or your loved ones that are at a greater risk of being hurt.  yes it sucks for the hospitals getting over run,  but that will resolve itself in time...

Thats not true.  There is a 7.5% chance you'll need hospitalization if you catch Covid.  That is 7.5% that take up hospital resources both from covid and non-covid patients in hospitals that are already over, at or near capacity.
The R0 for the delta variant is estimated to be 8.  Meaning for every person infected 8 will be infected by that person.  Its not hard to run a forward progression and see that our national healthcare system will collapse under those conditions a whole lot sooner then anyone wants to admit. 

You're chance of catching/needing hospitalization/death all decrease significantly if vaccinated. 
yes,  i noted the hospital crunch,  but like I said,  given time that will take care of itself.  at this point the preaching and snarking is counter productive and only serves to increase tensions across the board that will infect other aspects of life.  if this is as strong and sweeping as it appears to be,  delta will take care of the problem in this next wave and the unvaxxed will be a much smaller portion of the population.  we have half as many potential targets in the US as we did at this time last year,  by this time next year I would expect that the unvaccinated will be under 25% or less as many of those in that category now will either be dead, severely wounded by covid,  or will have had a personal experience that will lead them taking the jab.   Rage is just stupid and unproductive as it will accomplish nothing.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

That seems familiar, can't quite seem to put my finger on it, but it has the smell of recycled fear.

Quote: @greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

That seems familiar, can't quite seem to put my finger on it, but it has the smell of recycled fear.

Glad you are a mod and cracking down on misinformation, where would this country be without folk like you.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

Glad you are a mod and cracking down on misinformation, where would this country be without folk like you.
You are free to leave if you dont like the accommodations.  There is nothing in his post that is misinforming anyone based on the science to date.  When the goal posts are proven and established we can make those calls,  but early on in 2020 the numbers coming out on its exposure rates were astoundingly all over the place.

@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

You are free to leave if you dont like the accommodations.  There is nothing in his post that is misinforming anyone based on the science to date.  When the goal posts are proven and established we can make those calls,  but early on in 2020 the numbers coming out on its exposure rates were astoundingly all over the place.

What do you mean, you and greed have been right on top of these things, just keeping things balanced and equal.  Truth and BS.