Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 8, The Return Of Kooky Kirk Cousins

1. Dantzler shines at cornerback, records 2 INTs
Cameron Dantzler chatted with the Twin Cities media Thursday afternoon and said his game has grown by leaps and bounds since a year ago.
The second-year cornerback then turned in one of his most impressive practices to date, recording a pair of interceptions off Kirk Cousins on the day.
The first pick came in a passing drill that wasn't with the full team, as Dantzler hauled in an underthrown pass from Cousins intended for Justin Jefferson.
Dantzler was later in the right place at the right time, as another Cousins pass went through Jefferson's hands and deflected right to the corner.
Dantzler led all Vikings cornerbacks with two interceptions in 2020 and appears to be primed for a solid second season.
"Really, just my IQ, knowing where my help is and knowing the defense a little better than I did my rookie year," Dantzler said earlier Thursday. "I feel like having veteran guys to teach me how to study film, and they've been doing a great job with that, so really just my IQ and knowing where to be at the right time."
Jefferson, for what it's worth, didn't have his best day on the practice field. He had a few dropped passes but put in the extra time after practice working on his release off the line of scrimmage with Dantzler, Kris Boyd and K.J. Osborn.
Mackensie Alexander also recorded a pick, but his came when Eric Kendricks deflected a Nate Stanley pass over the middle in the half-team passing drill.

2. Pierce participates in full-team drills
The Vikings spent most of Thursday's session working on their nickel defenses, which consists of four linemen, two linebackers and five defensive backs.
But there was a welcome sight up front as defensive tackle Michael Pierce participated in full-team drills for the first time in camp. He rotated in for a handful of snaps here and there, but it was progress from recent days.
And with Smith held out at safety, Myles Dorn and rookie Camryn Bynum split reps with the first unit at Smith's spot.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
1. Dantzler shines at cornerback, records 2 INTs
Cameron Dantzler chatted with the Twin Cities media Thursday afternoon and said his game has grown by leaps and bounds since a year ago.
The second-year cornerback then turned in one of his most impressive practices to date, recording a pair of interceptions off Kirk Cousins on the day.
The first pick came in a passing drill that wasn't with the full team, as Dantzler hauled in an underthrown pass from Cousins intended for Justin Jefferson.
Dantzler was later in the right place at the right time, as another Cousins pass went through Jefferson's hands and deflected right to the corner.
Dantzler led all Vikings cornerbacks with two interceptions in 2020 and appears to be primed for a solid second season.
"Really, just my IQ, knowing where my help is and knowing the defense a little better than I did my rookie year," Dantzler said earlier Thursday. "I feel like having veteran guys to teach me how to study film, and they've been doing a great job with that, so really just my IQ and knowing where to be at the right time."
Jefferson, for what it's worth, didn't have his best day on the practice field. He had a few dropped passes but put in the extra time after practice working on his release off the line of scrimmage with Dantzler, Kris Boyd and K.J. Osborn.
Mackensie Alexander also recorded a pick, but his came when Eric Kendricks deflected a Nate Stanley pass over the middle in the half-team passing drill.
The signings of Peterson and Breeland were so good because not only does it provide an upgrade with Gladney's situation, but I think it will make Dantzler elevate his game knowing he has proven veterans ahead of him. What a difference a year can make with the defense

[Image: knbs3mdavb34.png]

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1422304413046222861
ISJ seems to be getting a lot of attention in terms of the share of passes going to him. 

Ever since I drafted Vernon freaking Davis over Adrian Peterson in my 2007 fantasy draft, I've refused to take a TE before the final 4 to 6 rounds (or the auction equivalent). And damned if it doesn't work out almost every year. You can almost always identify a late-round TE who is ready to break out. Waller, Andrews, Hooper, etc. I haven't yet looked into who others might be, but I think Irv might be this year's guy. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Kirk Cousins is expected to talk to the media today on his first day back at practice since landing on the Covid/Reserve list. Will be interesting to hear what he says about his status as the season looms and the threat he misses a game.

If he dies, he dies. 
I'm so Covid Fatigued -- I guess that's a 1st world problem.

There is no changing anyone's mind on this topic, unless they change it for themselves. 

Fingers crossed the un-vaxed dont f'up a promising season. 

This ^^^