Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 3 Draft Profiles And Highlights
Hinton would have been on par with Tristan Wirfs at the combine. Defeating him in 40 and bench press and just barely losing in broad jump and vertical. Likely pushing his stock into late 4th round at the very least.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1254219854787248130
"I don't care if you can talk as long as you can block".  So Rick cares if our OL blocks?  Can't prove it by me yet :p

https://twitter.com/i/status/1254898115464835079
This is a guy that Kirk Ferentz once said needed to lighten up and have a good laugh. Don't think effort is going to be a problem B)  

Of course, he also once did this to Ferentz... 
https://www.foxsports.com/college-footba...8821187856

https://twitter.com/i/status/1254229204088041473
“Definitely, the measurables are close. I think Danielle might have been a little bit faster as far as straight-ahead 40, but this guy is a self-made … leader,” college scouting director Jamaal Stephenson said. “We had a chance to talk to his head coach down there, and they just raved about the kid.”

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Rick Spielman said fourth-round pick DJ Wonnum was a player that Andre Patterson really wanted. Wonnum seems like a reach, but Patterson has a long history of being right on DEs when others aren't.
This was absolutely the worst pick of the Draft for Minnesota. His hips are stiff. He has bend AND flexibility issues, which were noted in one profile after another. Raw as a Rusher in terms of not consistently having a plan. Hunter didn't either coming out, but other than height and arms they don't even remotely compare athletically. 

He's not sudden. Not twitchy. Not especially powerful. And if an O-Lineman can land a punch on him he's toast. Especially against the run.

I love the motor and the intangibles. Athletically speaking, he may profile less well than Weatherly, a 7th Round pick. And I've yet to see anyone say he wouldn't have been available in the 5th and many were thinking 6th Round.

Shit, Jalyn Holmes had a better ceiling than this guy. He's all effort and not much else other than height, arms and 40 time. 

The only way this isn't Scott Crichton like is if Zimmer and Capers bust out some occasional 3-4 looks, since DJ appears much more comfortable, though lacking a specific rushing plan, when he's standing up a few yards off the LOS.

Awesome. A lottery ticket to play some 3-4 rush Linebacker snaps....with their first pick in the 4th. Genius.

I can spin Hand. I don't need to spin Dye now that I've seen the tape. I'll explain that elsewhere. Psyched about Lynch. Osborn is meh. Metellus, Willekeks, Brendel don't have much right home about when you consider that Rick could have used those picks to move up for players with much higher ceilings.

The Wonnum pick stinks. Hate it. Like, Jalyn Holmes was a way better pick level hate it. Also, it sucks lol
Well we'll see who is right, you or Andre Patterson.

I expect James Lynch to really show up the naysayers. His production was amazing against slightly lesser comp and he is athletic enough to play 3,4 or 5T

Quote: @Bullazin said:
I expect James Lynch to really show up the naysayers. His production was amazing against slightly lesser comp and he is athletic enough to play 3,4 or 5T
Production in a Power 5 cannot be discounted. 100% effort every snap. 

@Bullazin said:
Production in a Power 5 cannot be discounted. 100% effort every snap. 
Wonnum and Willekes fit that bill of All Out Effort from Power 5 schools as well.

I wonder which of the three end up getting the most reps at DE next season. I'm betting it's Lynch. He lined up literally everywhere at Baylor. That would allow Zim(s) and Dre to have both Odenigbo and Watts rushing from the interior at the same time.

I think all three of the Rookies are candidates to play in 3-4 looks too since they all have experience in it.